Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New little man in the app

Reaction score
As a nice bonus I noticed there is a little man icon with an arrow in the latest app.

Very welcome to see that, as an iOSD mini FPV user where I REALLY missed the diamond overlay in the sky that floated over the "home" position.

The icon arrow points to your orientation vs the aircraft and the distance to your location is noted as well.

I still wish they'd bring back the floating diamond in the sky but I'll take it the little man in the app for now :)

i noticed a little man with distance next to him, but the distance is totally off

i noticed a little man with distance next to him, but the distance is totally off

It's distance to controller, which will differ from distance to your home point for 2 reasons: 1) if you aren't standing on your home point or 2) GPS is accurate to within some variance, even if you are standing on the home point.

But in terms of usefulness to find your way back to your location more easily, it gets my two thumbs up, even if accuracy isn't pinpoint.

It would also be useful for folks who move away from Home Point while controlling the AC. Action shooters, shooting from a boat, car, skateboard, whatever come to mind.

Here's the little guy in case folks missed it:

upload_2015-5-14_9-20-30.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter