Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Osmo (Handheld) Now Availible

Need standalone (w/out X3) pricing/availability.

Curious if there's any functional difference between the black Osmo X3 and the white Inspire X3. Probably none, but it's worth asking.

On the FAQ section the DJI store it says the i1 X3 is compatible so presumably the camera included will work with the i1 as well

Curious if there's any functional difference between the black Osmo X3 and the white Inspire X3. Probably none, but it's worth asking.
At the 1:08 mark of this video, they say that the camera can do 120 frames/second at 1080p. The X3 camera that came with my Inspire 1 can't do that; it maxes out at 60 frames/second. So I think the included camera might be a slight upgrade.

At the 1:08 mark of this video, they say that the camera can do 120 frames/second at 1080p. The X3 camera that came with my Inspire 1 can't do that; it maxes out at 60 frames/second. So I think the included camera might be a slight upgrade.
I saw that earlier, and the way they pointed out the 120 FPS did seem odd (i.e. that it was new and unique). I wonder if that's a app limitation rather than a hardware one, though?

749 Euro, thats 843 USD, is that a joke? Where can i order only the handle that i have heard so much about for a long time, apparently no where.
Why would i buy another same camera that i already own, well maybe with the only difference that it does 120fps?
Why am i not surprised that DJI did it this way?

In the above video you can see a white camera attached to the handle, i guess thats the Inspire 1 camera.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the new black X3 works on the inspire. 120fps from the air would be pretty sweet...

What's scary to me is the 60 minutes of shooting time on one battery, and I don't currently see extra batteries listed for sale.

Here's the FAQ from DJI's website:

What’s the difference between Osmo’s camera and Inspire 1’s camera?
The mechanical structure of the Osmo camera is redesigned for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed. There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well.

Does Osmo have ND filters?
The standard package includes a UV filter only, like the Inspire 1. Users will need to purchase ND filters as optional accessories.

How can I change the gimbal settings and its behavior?
Gimbal settings and behavior can be changed via the DJI Go app. After entering Osmo's camera view, go to Setting → Gimbal to change gimbal profiles, turn on or off SmoothTrack for the Pan or Tilt axis, adjust SmoothTrack parameters, and change the joystick settings.

What happens if I turn on Osmo while the gimbal is in lock mode?
Osmo will turn on the camera but keeping the gimbal in sleep mode. Unlock all the gimbal motors and double tab the front trigger to wake the gimbal, the Osmo will be fully started.

Can I use Inspire 1’s camera on Osmo?
Yes. Please update the camera to the latest firmware after installing it on the Osmo using the DJI Go app.

What will happen if Osmo’s battery depletes while I’m recording a video?
The video currently being shot will be stored in micro SD card as a temporary file. To recover the video file, insert a charged battery and the Osmo will automatically start the recovery process.

What’s the maximum distance from which Osmo can be controlled remotely?
Approximately 25m.

How long can Osmo operate with a single battery?
60 minutes for video. 6 hours stand by time.

How long does it take to charge the battery?
60 minutes.

Is Osmo waterproof?
No. Also, always clean the Osmo with a dry cloth.

What accessories are available for Osmo?
Currently there is the extension rod, straight extension arm, bike mount, universal accessory mount, and a tripod to be used with the extension rod.

What is the DJI GO App, and where can I download it?
DJI GO is an easy-to-use mobile application for iOS and Android devices for use together with DJI products. For more information please visit: DJI GO APP | DJI

How do I use the different Panorama modes?
In the app under picture taking mode, once you choose Panorama you’ll find 4 sub-functions appears: Auto panorama, Manual panorama, Selfie panorama and also Sphere panorama. Choose any of the sub-functions, wait for the camera moving to its initial position, then you can compose your photo and hit the shutter either on the app or on the handle. For the auto and sphere panorama, you can simply hold the Osmo still, Osmo will turn the camera automatically and take the pictures. For the manual panorama, you can decide when the camera start to take each photo till the camera complete taking the 360 pictures. For the selfie panorama, the initial camera position is towards the user who’s holding the Osmo, then clicking the shutter will start the camera to shoot 180 panorama automatically with the user in the picture center. Users can find the completed panorama photos in the playback of DJI Go, and can also find the individual photos which compose the panorama in separated folder in the SD card.

How do I use the Long-Exposure mode?
Longer exposure time, AKA slower shutter speed can be set at the 4th icon which on the left hand side of app and under the shutter. First to choose the S or M mode then can change the shutter speed accordingly.

Can I review my panorama photo in the DJI GO app after shooting?
Yes you can review the stitched photo. The individual photos are also stored in a separate folder on the micro SD card within the camera.

Can I close the App and remove the mobile device while Osmo is shooting video?
Yes. You can always do so while shooting video and the camera will continue shooting.

Can I control the camera via the App?
Yes, you can select different shooting mode (i.e. Panorama, Multi Shot, Interval, or Time-Lapse) in the DJI GO app. You can also change camera settings as well.

Last edited:
OSMO is $649 with X3 included. A replacement X3 for the Inspire 1 is $550.

I'd be willing to pay $199 for an OSMO (w/out camera). How bout it DJI? Sound like a deal?

In Europe the price is 843 USD for the OSMO, so at least it is 200 USD cheaper in the US.

Already have an Inspire with the X3, do you guys think this new camera will plug & play on the Inspire? If it does work, any decent benefits? (still waiting for pricing on handheld gimbal without camera.)

Reactions: mdomeny
So finally I can get stable shots when I'm drunk.Allthough first I have to save money after buying this expensive "Stable Selfie Stick".:D

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I see it has sound which a few people were wondering about and an 1/8 jack so you can use your own mic.

Anyone seen specs for size of phone it can accommodate?

Already have an Inspire with the X3, do you guys think this new camera will plug & play on the Inspire? If it does work, any decent benefits? (still waiting for pricing on handheld gimbal without camera.)
Yes it is plug and play. Currently the SKU is for the OSMO w/camera

Reactions: Chnjab
I am sure buying this - at the moment it comes with a 4K50p camera with 100 Mbps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk