Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Osmo (Handheld) Now Availible

It's amazing people waited somewhat patiently for 10 months for the handheld gimbal to be released, and now that they can't have everything exactly how they want it, DJI is evil and screwing everything up.

It's been said numerous times before, DJI is releasing a version of the OSMO without the camera, intended for those who already own X3 cameras. You just need a wait a bit more. If you have some super important gig you need the equipment for, look elsewhere. You shouldn't be banking your business on speculation from a corporation with a bad track record anyhow.
i think it is about the care and not the promise or exact done plan as stated by dji before for some unit or product. in my opinion it looks more like it is about the principle and not about what has been done said or made available or not and in what timeframe.

why don't they do so then? if everyone is under NDA that is reputable and knows something what sense does it make if they can not answer the questions asked by the costumer base that made DJI what it is today including me because i also bought two I1's and a **** load of batteries.
no question is that the company makes great units and innovations but as a costumer i feel left aside sometimes seeing the thing and "promises" are just put in the drawer/closet and not really taken care of to concentrate on the "new" unit that everybody will buy. like the iPhones- 6S is out and the world is in stores to go and get it for a **** load of money. unit is great but the costumer care and quality sometimes lacks.
why is DJI not addressing the compression issue on the x3, not really an issue but if the algorythm would be a bit different video quality would be much greater. why are things firmware locked although we already bought units and wait for modular systems to get ready and put in stores for us to buy and use. demand is there, no?
why aren't simple solutions likebthe latest proplocks which are safer than what we use at the moment not available yet or made available due to saftey reasons for I1 owners? it was done so with the first generation, why not with QR system that seems to fail due to premature wear.
the list goes on and on. i am lucky since i did not have (knock on wood) any issues yet and really try to avoid it and also try not to be paranoid about it and use my bird everywhere. adventure park imagefilming, over water, far far away, events and concerts, city aerials etc.
it is all about care and having the feeling it is done about you, nothing more.
my 2c

This seems more like a rant than anything else. I have answered product questions for the OSMO, but it can be frustrating when so many people are giving inaccurate information. If someone else contradicts what I say, for the most part I will not respond because I don't understand why people listen to the rumor mill and not reliable sources. The NDA does not apply for items that are available and knowledge that the customers should have; but once again, people are saying this and people are saying that, and as stated earlier this only confuses people. I still have not seen a valid gripe that needs to be addressed. If there is I suggest a new thread be started and list some issues that need answers. I will be in China next week for 2 weeks with DJI doing training and I can address some concerns directly with their engineers. I will say that a valid concern is not, 'why don't you do this or why don't you sell that. Business practices no, but technical issues yes.

Reactions: Merci45k
I still have not seen a valid gripe that needs to be addressed. If there is I suggest a new thread be started and list some issues that need answers.
I'm surprised you've made this claim, given the concerns over non-Osmo things (e.g. 60 Mbps bitrate on the Inspire Pro/X5 platform). It's a valid concern, even if it's not a concern shared by everyone.

Having said that, a new thread would be great if that's something you're truly willing to bring up with the engineering team.

I'm surprised you've made this claim, given the concerns over non-Osmo things (e.g. 60 Mbps bitrate on the Inspire Pro/X5 platform). It's a valid concern, even if it's not a concern shared by everyone.

Having said that, a new thread would be great if that's something you're truly willing to bring up with the engineering team.

Forgive me as I have not been following the thread closely. And yes, I am willing to bring valid concerns up to the engineers.

Reactions: Morgon
Forgive me as I have not been following the thread closely. And yes, I am willing to bring valid concerns up to the engineers.
i did not mean to rant and appologize if i have offended anyone or you which was not intended. i was trying to express what i see amd sometimes feel how the company (DJI) treats me as a costumer. like i said it is more about the feeling not being cared about.
nevertheless, i am sure some on this forum will be able to list some technical issues that show a concern to them as they work with the units like the 60mbit/s for the x5 and our x3. maybe if it would be possible to raise that rate with a firmware :) would be great. a bit more love towards the costumer would be a great feeling. foremost for the ones already in the game with 6+ grand and willing to spend more.
again please do feel ofended it is not meant to you or anyone. it is plainly my opinion and what i see. i was trying to put it in words. excuse my english i am not native speaking it.
cheers and thank you for talking to teh tech dep for us and hope the guys having ghe questions will put them up in a timely maner.

i did not mean to rant and appologize if i have offended anyone or you which was not intended. i was trying to express what i see amd sometimes feel how the company (DJI) treats me as a costumer. like i said it is more about the feeling not being cared about.
nevertheless, i am sure some on this forum will be able to list some technical issues that show a concern to them as they work with the units like the 60mbit/s for the x5 and our x3. maybe if it would be possible to raise that rate with a firmware :) would be great. a bit more love towards the costumer would be a great feeling. foremost for the ones already in the game with 6+ grand and willing to spend more.
again please do feel ofended it is not meant to you or anyone. it is plainly my opinion and what i see. i was trying to put it in words. excuse my english i am not native speaking it.
cheers and thank you for talking to teh tech dep for us and hope the guys having ghe questions will put them up in a timely maner.

No need to apologize, all is good :)

DJI just posted on their Instagram:
"There is no way we would forget about our Inspire 1 customers! Pricing for the handheld component for the OSMO to be announced shortly."

Reactions: Joola
If you don't know then you probably aren't... and what you say suddenly sounds a lot like BS.
So.. Was it BS? lol

I was told "around $299USD" And when they said that the case was included in the kit. They removed the case and dropped the price to $269USD.

To those that were really frustrated with the delayed announcement, are you ok with the pricing structure? Its in line with what I was assuming.

299 Euro on the DJI website, i guess its not too expensive when it comes to DJI prices? Plus 15 Euro shipping.

I hoped they would have been about the same price as the Yuneec gimbal handle that was 149 USD, now I've seen it for 49 GBP, well i guess that is a bit too much to ask from a DJI product.

Last edited:
Thanks DJI for nothing. We can only hope that they offer the OSMO with the X5R so we can get a proper upgrade for our inspire1's. The wait continues.

O.K. DJI you came thru with the Osmo Handle Kit for $269. Thank you. Mines is on order. (yeah I know it ain't proper English.) I see a way out. The wait is "almost" over. We good.

Waiting for the handle only. Would have ponied up for the entire unit if the camera worked with the inspire. What an oversight. Lost revenue on DJI's part me thinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell