Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Osmo +

Reaction score
And so comes the natural question... Will the (supposedly) Zenmuse Z3 derivative work on the Inspire? I assume, given the price of the Osmo+, that it's been crippled somehow so as not to compete with the Z3 for Inspire. :(

Several other questions remain.

Is this a firmware upgrade (the "plus" moniker) to our handles or a completely new handle (ours are now obsolete)? Personally, I don't think the handles have changed, but I know I read early on that the Z3 wouldn't work on the Osmo handle.

If there is a firmware upgrade for our handles to give them the "plus" component, does this mean that the Z3 will work on our handles now? (Again, I believe I read early on of no success trying to get an early Z3 to work on Osmo).

I'm pretty excited despite the possible depreciation in value this may create for my original Osmo. I remember reading about the Z3 at announcement and thinking how nice it would be to have that little bit of Zoom on the Osmo also. That was the one thing that made me hesitant to buy Osmo for a long time and it is still its primary weakness as far as I'm concerned.

I want one. NOW! :D But it sure would be nice if it can kill two birds with one stone (Zoom Osmo and Z3 Inspire) but I bet it doesn't (OOB).

Osmo Plus - Motion with Zoom

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD