Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Payload Video Camera with 30x Optical Zoom

Reaction score
Thought a few of you might be interested in this new camera.

Aeryon Labs Introduces the Aeryon HDZoom30 Imaging Payload, Enabling Aerial Image Capture at 30x Optical Zoom – Aeryon Labs Inc.

Aeryon_HDZoom30_Collage.jpg

Mmm this one doesn't look cheap to me.
“The Aeryon HDZoom30 payload revolutionizes aerial image capture,” said Dave Kroetsch, President and CEO of Aeryon Labs. “During the last 8 years of pioneering small UAS, and thousands of flight hours on the Aeryon sUAS platform, we have witnessed a consistent need for increasingly precise, high-resolution imagery across our diverse customer base.
So they do listening to there customers;);););)

I don't understand the attraction of a camera with a zoom feature on a drone...
Fly it closer to target? Unless, of course, you are trying to creep.
What I would like to know is the size of the sensor - has anyone found out what the spec is?

Reactions: damoncooper
Spend a little more time reading on the site for the camera and you will find the answer to your question. ;) For example:

For commercial sUAS operators, the Aeryon HDZoom30 enables close inspection tasks on critical infrastructure such as power lines, flare stacks, and cellular towers, by delivering detailed, high-resolution images without bringing the aircraft into unnecessarily close proximity to the structure. For instance, using the Aeryon HDZoom30 it is possible to read the serial number on a power line insulator from a safe distance of 100 ft. (30 m).

Last edited:
do they sell the camera seperately?
I saw this at a trade fair a couple of months ago. Funnily enough the I1 camera looks to be better built.

do they sell the camera seperately?

Just got word from them stating:
Unfortunately, the new camera payload is only compatible with Aeryon SkyRanger products.
Now, for those who incessantly moan and groan about how "over-priced" DJI products are, get a load of this. The lady who replied to my inquiry said:
... a full turnkey SkyRanger kit starts at $75,000.

How on earth could they ever justify a $75,000 price tag? Gouge big-business (with deep pockets) and LE agencies so they can simply pass along the price to us consumers (and tax payers) with shallow pockets.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Just got word from them stating:
Unfortunately, the new camera payload is only compatible with Aeryon SkyRanger products.
Now, for those who incessantly moan and groan about how "over-priced" DJI products are, get a load of this. The lady who replied to my inquiry said:
... a full turnkey SkyRanger kit starts at $75,000.

How on earth could they ever justify a $75,000 price tag? Gouge big-business (with deep pockets) and LE agencies so they can simply pass along the price to us consumers (and tax payers) with shallow pockets.

That's it. Sweet I'm going to get two. That is one crazy priced 30x zoom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide