Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Product - Car Charger for Inspire batteries

Hey guys I just use a 150 watt inverter.. the size of a coke can and does the job very well so when im out driving its charges or better still I have a direct cable connection from my car battery to inside of my car with a cigarette lighter charge port and charges while im out of the car so I don't have to have my ACC on ..
Oh BTW the inverter cost me $59.00

In a pinch, this and or an inverter could be helpful...as long as having a fully charged battery every 80 minutes is good enough for you. But to be flying the whole time in the interim, you'll still need about 5 other batteries +/- depending on ambient temp.

My current inventory of batteries (7) gets me about 2 solid hours. If I have more than that to do, I'm using my Smart Power Charger and a generator, most of the time.

Yes your right .. I need to invest in two more battery's taking my total to 5 .. But gets me by ATM as I fly and shoot and move on to another location

Yes your right .. I need to invest in two more battery's taking my total to 5 .. But gets me by ATM as I fly and shoot and move on to another location

Yup... I increased my battery load slowly -- suckers are expensive. But I think 7 is the sweet spot (plus it't the amount I have room for in my case). Plus it pays off in the long run, since each battery will have fewer cycles on it and therefore last longer.

This is a waste of money IMHO. Get a larger inverter hooked directly to your battery and then you can run the fast charger. If you are charging on the road i think you want it fast anyway.

My exact point .. Will get one more battery and already have the fast charger .. So I'm set ..

My exact point .. Will get one more battery and already have the fast charger .. So I'm set ..

You're missing a detail. One battery lasts at best 18 minutes. The fast charger will charge in about an hour. Assuming you have only one battery, you're still waiting an hour to fly again. If you have two, you can fly for max 36 minutes, after which (with your method) you'll still be waiting 24 minutes for that first battery to be fully charged, and for each flight subsequent. You can bring it to a "no wait" situation with 4 batteries. But there's something to be said for having batteries for 2 hours of flying available at all times.

yes your right but as I live in Australia I shoot in a area then move on and drive for some 1-2 hours for another shoot as I like taking scenery videos ..
like this one

Reactions: jixxer
I tried using an inverter with my inspire batteries and it didn't work.

Something about the DJI Inspire AC battery charger not keeping a constant load.

The inverter kept displaying a error light and the battery would eventually turn off.

Nas,,

what I did .. I went to a store which has them on display and working and bring your AC charger with you and a battery ( Flat one ) and test them ..
I feel that your inverter needed output around 200 watts continuously as mine puts out 150 watts but surges at 300 watts for 5 seconds

Not all inverters are crated equal and some play fast and lose with the specifications. Although a true sign wave is preferred I'd guess that most will work just fine even if they're not TSW. Most inverters on the market today are more like modified sign wave and most of them should be fine. I've charged and run laptops, tablets, phones etc from over the counter inverters and never had a problem though I don't tend to buy the cheapy stuff you might see in Walmart etc.

Brian

Not all inverters are crated equal and some play fast and lose with the specifications. Although a true sign wave is preferred I'd guess that most will work just fine even if they're not TSW. Most inverters on the market today are more like modified sign wave and most of them should be fine. I've charged and run laptops, tablets, phones etc from over the counter inverters and never had a problem though I don't tend to buy the cheapy stuff you might see in Walmart etc.

Brian
Thanks Brian for mentioning that as I neglect to say that in my last post ..
Milo

yes your right but as I live in Australia I shoot in a area then move on and drive for some 1-2 hours for another shoot as I like taking scenery videos ..
like this one

Nice video Mje, makes me want to be there.

Thanks Mate ..your the first reply I got about that video .. Where do you live ?

New Hampshire, USA. It's scenic around here but not like what you have.
Sorry, I'm a bit off topic.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst