Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Prop Mounting Plates Released by DJI fr I1

There is an additional plate through which the locks pass that firmly lock the device in place. Also there are two metal spring tabs added to the part that twists to lock the props. In order to release them, you must pinch the metal tabs inward then turn them. It is a more positive locking system.
Thanks mate, that does sound more rigorous.

I haven't heard (in my limited experience, granted) of anyone having trouble with the v2 locks. I know of the shortcomings of screw-ins, but have there been cases of v2 props coming off?

I'd much rather have the piece of mind of the twist locks of my v2.0. makes it impossible to come off
Are you talking about the push to fit, twist and release style?
They are held in place by a single fragile plastic cam which wears. They also rely on a spring which can suffer fatigue over time. DJI recomend replacement after approx 200 flights but I have seen worn cams much sooner than this! They are not the most secure things out there. Mine went straight in the trash.

Can we please not make this yet another "Whats the best type of prop securing" thread?

There are literally dozens of threads on this subject already

If this one starts to grow into another one I shall lock it.

Can we please not make this yet another "Whats the best type of prop securing" thread?

There are literally dozens of threads on this subject already

If this one starts to grow into another one I shall lock it.

In all fairness...There have been a number of 1345T units that have thrown props thus the redesign by DJI...trusting the 1345LS is not absolute.

I had a prop wear to the point that it rattled when hand spun. (Actually only once, with one prop) While there is no visible wear on them, I think it will be wise to change them as I have over 450 flights on them. I inspect my props regularly and replace one if I even suspect it isn't 100%. To much at stake not to.
I can't speak on earlier prop mounting systems, since I have the V2.0 which came with the 1345T locks and props. But, I have absolute peace of mind that it is a viable system. Is it better than the 1345S or the screw-ons? I don't know. But I feel they are better than what I had on the Phantom 3. (Screw on)

Yeah i feel ya. I myself have only owned my v2.0 since early Nov 2016, but routinely fly 5-10 times a day whether just getting in my daily muscle memory practice or actually a shoot and i can see the wear on those spin locks and some fit/move tighter or looser than others. I figure these metal click tabs can only improve the system. I'm actually suprised DJI hasnt made rereleases of the twist lock for the Phantom series, but i'd say they didnt really want to spend much money making this option available for i1 owners

Are you talking about the push to fit, twist and release style?
They are held in place by a single fragile plastic cam which wears. They also rely on a spring which can suffer fatigue over time. DJI recomend replacement after approx 200 flights but I have seen worn cams much sooner than this! They are not the most secure things out there. Mine went straight in the trash.

no, not that garbage, the latest v2.0 twist locks the 1345T that work great. I think my wording earlier got someone else riled up hehehe. My twist locks are suffering alittle from wear (Not to mention a 40ft fall from a tree) so im willing to try their 1345SL. Only letdown is i've been considering the newest version of Xoar's carbon fiber props and their spin on adapter but ill put that on the back burner while i try out the 1345SL's i guess. Nice talking to everyone

So, maybe someone can explain this to me. I have an Inspire 1 v2, and I use 1345T locking quick-release props. I like how they work, and I am pleased with the mounting plate that is on the motors. They lock just fine. For $24 (2x$7 + $10 shipping) plus some grip tight from the hardware store and time to do the modification, I can now continue to use my existing 1345T props? Now, if I need new props I can buy new 1345T props. After installation of the 1345LS mounts I can buy, 1345T props? Do I have that right?

From what I've seen and read you'll continue to use your 1345T prop. What no one else has mentioned is that DJI has sent out emails to everyone that ordered them that they are so backordered that they don't see shipping them before March. At least that's the email I received and I ordered some on Jan 22-23rd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo