Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Prop / Proplock design - Inspire 1 Pro

Reaction score
Looks like the Inspire 1 Pro is sporting a new prop / prop lock design as well. See them in operation at 4:50 in the video.

Reactions: Lesmess
It does look more solid than the standard quick release sistem, if it's better or not we will see. In my opinion the standard quick release mechanism is not better than self tighten props with prop locknew_proplock_mechanism_dji_inspire_pro.jpg

My first thought would be they did it to make it harder for 3rd party propellers - however from the picture it cannot be seen if it is harder to remove and replace this system.

The new sistem it seems to be mounted the same as the standard quick release sistem, with just 2 screws.

4th update in less than a year? DJI did you have to do this because of the extra weight of the camera platform? Why would you change the design if you have no reason too? Explanation please DJI.

4th update in less than a year? DJI did you have to do this because of the extra weight of the camera platform? Why would you change the design if you have no reason too? Explanation please DJI.

Nope - the Inspire is rated to a payload of 3.5 kg on the original threaded props. That has been the spec since the release of the platform.

Nope - the Inspire is rated to a payload of 3.5 kg on the original threaded props. That has been the spec since the release of the platform.
So whats your thoughts on why they DJI believe it was necessary to develop a new prop design and mounting system? This is taking continues improvement to a new level. Hopefully DJI will offer some explanation. I know you have invested quite a bit on the screw on prop system, I have eight sets of QR props and motor mounts waiting to be used and one set on the bird that has done 126 flights. Now whilst I am happy using the QR system with my inspection and maintenance system, if DLI state this is there preferred prop and mount system then I will probably purchase a few sets. It just seems to me that DJI must have niggling doubts on the two current systems. Why would you invest design time, new tooling etc if you are 100% happy with the two current systems? Or are they just reacting to peoples insecurities with the current mounting systems available. I will be upgrading the camera to a Zenmuse X5 unit with the Oly 12mm lens so I will have a flying platform worth in excess of £3500 so yes I'm a wee bit concerned DJI have decided to completely re-design the props and mounting system.

Why does everything DJI does to improve things have to be some type of conspiracy to many folks. So they improved the prop locks. Be thankful there is a now a new and improved design. At least they are still working to improve some of the parts and pieces of the Inspire. If you don't like it, stay with the original, but spare the rest of us your negativity about everything DJI does!!!

Why does everything DJI does to improve things have to be some type of conspiracy to many folks. So they improved the prop locks. Be thankful there is a now a new and improved design. At least they are still working to improve some of the parts and pieces of the Inspire. If you don't like it, stay with the original, but spare the rest of us your negativity about everything DJI does!!!
Who says its an improvement! That's entirely the point. We now have three systems for attaching your props from DJI. Why, that all I ask, don't think there is any negativity in that. Don't dictate to me what I can post on this site!

Sure looks more sturdy to me. The new one is purpose built to be a QR type system. The old QR system was built to be "adapted" to an existing screw-on design that was already out in the wild. The thicker center lug and thicker/taller outer lugs look like they would stand up to more twisting than the puny little pill-bottle lugs that I have on my non-pro Inspire. Just my first impression upon seeing that photo.

This looks better, but makes me wonder what the innards of the prop looks like that clamps down to the hub..

Either way, with the added weight of the X5 and probably bigger battery?, a new design was definitely required

Hello all, I have the Inspire Pro and I love the new prop lock design. With the other QR design there is a small amount of play on brand new machines. This design is much better and seems much stronger and stable. There is a very minimal if no play at all. Time will tell how they hold up. Yes there are a lot of changes but this is the industry and it will always be that way. Some changes are great some not so great. I am hopeful that the new design will further cut down on vibrations sent from the motor/prop to the body and on to the camera. I measure all of my machines vibration levels when I get them stock. This Pro's level is about 45 percent less the Inspire 1 with x3 and old QR design.The proof is in two things, time (durability) and quality of video. Now we just need to be able to order them. Just in case.

Reactions: Mike Walker
I am hopeful that the new design will further cut down on vibrations sent from the motor/prop to the body and on to the camera.

Am I just lucky that I never saw any vibration showing up in my I1-X3 videos? And my flying buddy with his I1 is coincidently just as lucky?
No matter what props I use, the QR's or ST's, never balanced them for that matter.

The I1 doesn't produce vibrations the gimbal can't handle, at least our 2 I1's don't.

edit; however, if I would suffer from excessive vibration in such a way that it showed up in my video I would send it to DJI. There's no way I would live with that.

Last edited:
Some people do get vibration issues, I by no means am saying anything proven or conclusive. I only know that the vibration meter dropped significantly. Anytime you can reduce any vibrations, do it . It only serves to improve the end result that I'm sure you as I want the best video quality possible. Any serious aerial film maker always balance there props. I post comments and information for information purposes only. I just try to help people as I have seen the time I myself needed help. As for your question are you and your flying buddy lucky? Most definitely!!! I'm glad it works for you.

Best Regards,
Ralph

Anytime you can reduce any vibrations, do it . It only serves to improve the end result that I'm sure you as I want the best video quality possible.

You got me there. I can only agree with that.
When you would need to crop obviously the vibrations would be more of a problem. I guess you just convinced me that I should go balance my props, it doesn't hurt after all.
It's just that I have not experienced the Inspire1 to be vibrating at all so far.

Hi All,
Does anybody know when or where these can be bought for the "old" Inspire 1?
Best regards,
Christian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah