Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Quick Release Props have a lifespan......

The CW quick release props are marked (albeit tiny) on the leading edge near the hub. (1345s CW) The CCW ones are only marked (1345s)

I just installed quick release system today and I have too say that I like it. And no prop locks is nice. It takes the question out if you have the props tight enough. Nothing different on how it flies.

91481e83d61262b015c15c737aeb0291.jpg
a724f41d033b50a47120b65d3cb3e446.jpg

Hope this helps[emoji6]

I also think we as pilots should know without markings which way is which in case it is not marked :D

Cut the newbies some slack[emoji13] lol!! Easy way to remember is the way the propeller has to turn to lift the craft

I have an Inspire1 Pro with the 1345t props and have about 36 flights on it so far with a little more than 4 hours of flight time and 2 of the prop adapters are starting to get sticky and hard to put on and twist off. I thought it was the prop and tested with a new prop but same thing. I bought 5 sets of these adapters to have on hand just in case something like this would happen so I could replace them and not have to worry. I'm going to replace the set I have on there already for I don't completely trust them and will be replacing them often.

Will keep everyone updated

I have an Inspire1 Pro with the 1345t props and have about 36 flights on it so far with a little more than 4 hours of flight time and 2 of the prop adapters are starting to get sticky and hard to put on and twist off. I thought it was the prop and tested with a new prop but same thing. I bought 5 sets of these adapters to have on hand just in case something like this would happen so I could replace them and not have to worry. I'm going to replace the set I have on there already for I don't completely trust them and will be replacing them often.

Will keep everyone updated

Beware the copious amounts of loctite DJI used on the screws when removing the QR2 hubs screws from the motor bell. Some will fall back into the motor. Use a vacuum cleaner to get it out. You really don't want that stuff in there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370668.512005.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370693.126631.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370737.848621.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370750.002765.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370765.563596.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370786.861090.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456370824.874828.jpg

Woah! how do the t motor props work? and do you have a link to them with the adapters? Also what is the extra battery your carrying?

The t-motors are exceptional props. Adapters aren't cheap but they're also exceptional quality: LP CF Propeller Adapter Plates (set of 4)

Pictured are Thunder Power 2700mah 6S 25C+ LiPo (also not cheap but exceptional quality and performance), 3M vinyl wrapped in matte black wrap. Attached via X5/R aux battery mount I co-designed with Neil Watts, available here: DJI Inspire 1 X3/X5 Dual Battery Plate - Aero3D

Hope that helps

Thanks!

Do you notice a performance increase with the t-motor props? How is the speed with the dual battery mount. I have the x5 camera so Im pretty curious

Thanks!

Do you notice a performance increase with the t-motor props? How is the speed with the dual battery mount. I have the x5 camera so Im pretty curious

With the 14x4.8's, I get more stable flight in winds. The plastic props bend and flex, where the CF props cut through wind and it requires more wind energy to move the entire aircraft than a prop/motor. The result is a smoother platform for aerial video.

With the dual battery mount you won't win any agility or speed contests but you will get to fly another day if the main DJI battery fails for any reason and you get increased flight time.

Put the new prop adapters on, I just really dont fully trust these adapters. I might have to go with the metal adapters and some t motor props. Whats preventing them from coming off? Do the only thread on and the direction of the prop holds them on? do they increase flight time?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla