Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New RC Controller Update v 1.4.30

Just today, I got a notice saying that there is a new firmware update (version 1.4.30) for the RC Controller, but i can't see on the DJI Inspire webpage Downloads section any reference to it. Has anyone know where to get it from??
All RC updates are now downloaded via you DJI GO app. You need to be connected to your I1 and the Internet (via wifi) for it to detect that the update is available. The latest IOS app version (2.4.0) is downloadable from the Apple App Store. It offers some useless consumer gimmicks.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Just today, I got a notice saying that there is a new firmware update (version 1.4.30) for the RC Controller, but i can't see on the DJI Inspire webpage Downloads section any reference to it. Has anyone know where to get it from??
The only useful thing it adds is the function of now pressing and holding C2 brings up a cross hair on the display and allows direct gimbal correction adjustment on the roll axis by turning the camera settings adjustment wheel.
Other than that, totally useless social media rubbish and pointless editing bloatware.

OK, the gimbal roll axis correction sounds useful. I guess that's the same as the right stick L-R control on the slave controller which is useful, but yes I agree there seems to be a whole heap of very consumer level features on the App now. I'm always getting the ads for new products before the camera view is available, which is a bit annoying and very repetitive. And I can't help thinking that the safe flying advice given at the beginning is more of a disclaimer / waiver from DJI so when anything goes wrong, they can say "we told you so!!!". I'm thinking that they must bring out a second App specifically for the Inspire 1 because a lot of what they are doing is more aimed at the beginner Phantom user who wants to go to the beach and record some footage and have it up on Facebook before they leave for home with in App editing taking care of everything. I don't really think that's what they were thinking of when they decided to release the X5 Pro so I'm thinking that there needs to be a more Pro oriented Interface and App for when that arrives........maybe???

Reactions: tweaker
The only useful thing it adds is the function of now pressing and holding C2 brings up a cross hair on the display....

But do you know what else it adds?

The RC Fw 1.03.21 is 21 MB but the 1.04.30 is 29 MB :rolleyes: maybe not everything it adds is useful who knows........cannot be only the C function especially as the long press C was already available in firmware before just DJI GO didnt let you configure it.

But do you know what else it adds?

The RC Fw 1.03.21 is 21 MB but the 1.04.30 is 29 MB :rolleyes: maybe not everything it adds is useful who knows........cannot be only the C function especially as the long press C was already available in firmware before just DJI GO didnt let you configure it.
Yes!!!!
It adds lots of secret things I cannot tell you about due to my NDA with DJI.
I've dilvulged far too much already but watch out because some of the code is only there to trick you into downloading it thinking you have better features but in reality it is altering firmware in modules without your permission and slowly, bit by bit tracking software is being installed that is logging everywhere you fly, every time you fly and via WiFi is reporting it back to DJI.:eek:
Slowly, DJI is using this information to profile people, their movements, their spending habits and how often they charge their batteries (imagine that!)
This is only going to get worse. They do seem like they are out to get us.
I'm not sure but perhaps we will be safer if we only start flying at night where 'they' can't see us. They have eyes everywhere and their only purpose ultimately is world domination (even though that daft cow Angela Merkel thinks she has the monopoly on that one).
Anyway, getting back to the real issue, I think the safest thing to do is firewall your tablet, NEVER EVER connect to the internet, wear a tin foil hat NEVER update firmware without a written signed statement from Frank Wang (keep him on speed dial) confirming there is no secret code in there (even though we all know there is......shhhhh).
This is the only way I know to be sure 'they' can't get us.
I have said too much, they are watching this forum......someone has just pulled up outside my house......
Is that???....it can't be??...Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in smart suits.

Last edited:
Keep it up dji..
this probably will be my last dji product I buy..
it's really unfortunate that they have ruined what has made them the best ...
not happy..
please tell me this is a joke...
Yes!!!!
It adds lots of secret things I cannot tell you about due to my NDA with DJI.
I've dilvulged far too much already but watch out because some of the code is only there to trick you into downloading it thinking you have better features but in reality it is altering firmware in modules without your permission and slowly, bit by bit tracking software is being installed that is logging everywhere you fly, every time you fly and via WiFi is reporting it back to DJI.:eek:
Slowly, DJI is using this information to profile people, their movements, their spending habits and how often they charge their batteries (imagine that!)
This is only going to get worse. They do seem like they are out to get us.
I'm not sure but perhaps we will be safer if we only start flying at night where 'they' can't see us. They have eyes everywhere and their only purpose ultimately is world domination (even though that daft cow Angela Merkel thinks she has the monopoly on that one).
Anyway, getting back to the real issue, I think the safest thing to do is firewall your tablet, NEVER EVER connect to the internet, wear a tin foil hat NEVER update firmware without a written signed statement from Frank Wang (keep him on speed dial) confirming there is no secret code in there (even though we all know there is......shhhhh).
This is the only way I know to be sure 'they' can't get us.
I have said too much, they are watching this forum......someone has just pulled up outside my house......
Is that???....it can't be??...Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in smart suits.

Reactions: Machoman
Lol. You never know, but between Apple and their proprietary ways and teaming up with DJI, you may be handcuffed on your flight distance, where you fly and what you image. ;). What I don't like is buying something that works a certain way and then the quality can be changed with updates, forced updates. Do we get some money back on the purchase when this happens? Probably not...:)

I dont understand DJI cannot just enhance the product with firmware updates instead of always put new limits in it.

with Fw 1.03 some good things came:
- motor stop when propeller hits something so no motor damage
- with 1.03 or 1.04 the gimbal config presets started to work so its possible to use exactly the gimbal yaw speed needed for smooth videos

unfortunately 1.03 also
- reduced speed by 20%
- startet to play with wind compensation so its drifting around in some situations

1.05 (some parts already implemented in 1.0030 pro firmware also) limits alt to 500m so you cannot fly up mountains anymore and seems to change the way expo works in affecting max speed bringing it down to 15 m/s at 0,2. This may have something to do with the X5 to fight vibrations. Basically the Inspire takes over firmware modifications originally made for the Inspire Pro as the Inspire Pro was the first which uses ESC 01.11.00.00 version which will be in 1.05 firmware for normal Inspire then.

The only useful thing it adds is the function of now pressing and holding C2 brings up a cross hair on the display and allows direct gimbal correction adjustment on the roll axis by turning the camera settings adjustment wheel.
Other than that, totally useless social media rubbish and pointless editing bloatware.
Gosh you worded your reply so perfect thanks!

DJI wants to become a mini Google for drones.

Last edited:
Funny though - most people seem perfectly happy to give companies every tiny detail about themselves so their profile can be built so big companies can better target advertise to them etc. etc. Facebook are doing that to them every second of every day and most people are only too happy to willingly participate. And it's usually the same people who will complain about things that violate their privacy - like drones... I have always thought that DJI are keeping a record of every thing we do because it is all recorded, and we are connected. I often wonder if the aviation authorities also get a copy of everything we do ie. where, when, what altitude, etc.etc. Personally, I really don't care as long as it is the same for everyone, and I mean everyone including the little $150 drones because they are the ones that need it. There's talk of drones having to get licenced just like cars. OK bring it on, as long as there are NO exceptions - none.

I have always thought that DJI are keeping a record of every thing we do because it is all recorded, and we are connected. I often wonder if the aviation authorities also get a copy of everything we do ie.

Probably they pass it directly through to some authorities - I dont think they have any look on it themselves as they behave like all chinese corporations following a come and go strategy. You are unhappy? Bye bye! 5 new ATMs are waiting to buy our stuff............

Regarding the new controler update if have one question and one comment:

Does DJI inform us anywhere what they changed with regards to the controller firmware? I have been looking unsuccessfully... How can I Operate this machine safely if they change functions on the controler and I have to find out in a forum about the C2 button...

Since this firmware my gibal horizon isn't level anymore. I have previosly corrected the horizon offset in the APP and never had any issues with it since. But now it resets to 0 every time and I have to set the horizon at the beginning of every flight.
Any comments are welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan