Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New SDK 2.4 brings new encryption (range issues?) and major system change - will you install it?

Will you install the new firmware with new encryption and major system change?

• I will install immediately when its available

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I will wait 2 weeks to see if it has major bugs

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I will wait until its proven it doesnt lower range or has new limits and will not install otherwise

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I dont trust them and will not install it anyway

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I'll be passing on this info to DJI yes.

Bad apples in a Beta program where confidentiality is required and agreed to by participants can ruin it for us all and cause DJI to shut down access altogether.
Can't fault you there. If it was me, I would be doing it anonymously and a little different. Like leaked photos. I like those :)

I'll be passing on this info to DJI yes.

Bad apples in a Beta program where confidentiality is required and agreed to by participants can ruin it for us all and cause DJI to shut down access altogether.

It's sad that you feel you have to ruin this for everyone else, I enjoy your posts but you could have remained quiet and just let it be.

Always a hero somewhere....

It's sad that you feel you have to ruin this for everyone else, I enjoy your posts but you could have remained quiet and just let it be.

Always a hero somewhere....

Excuse me????

I take NDA violations deadly seriously. I'm disappointed that a written agreement to maintain confidentiality means nothing anymore.

I'm not sure what this forum has come to but it appears it's now ok to flaunt how untrustworthy you are for 30 seconds of posting fame.

I find it disgusting and I will report every violation I see. Hopefully those who are in breach will get kicked out of the program's you have been granted access to and banned permanently.

It was simply a bug.

And its also a bug that Groundstation radius is not limited to 500m in SDK like it is in DJI GO?

And its also a but that speed is at least not limited to 5m/s with Waypoints in SDK?

If this are all bugs what does this mean? Will this be the next limits in future SDK firmware to "repair" this bugs??

And its also a bug that Groundstation radius is not limited to 500m in SDK like it is in DJI GO?

And its also a but that speed is at least not limited to 5m/s with Waypoints in SDK?

If this are all bugs what does this mean? Will this be the next limits in future SDK firmware to "repair" this bugs??
Quite possibly.
And of course it is entirely up to DJI whether they allow or restrict these limits.

Excuse me????

I take NDA violations deadly seriously. I'm disappointed that a written agreement to maintain confidentiality means nothing anymore.

I'm not sure what this forum has come to but it appears it's now ok to flaunt how untrustworthy you are for 30 seconds of posting fame.

I find it disgusting and I will report every violation I see. Hopefully those who are in breach will get kicked out of the program's you have been granted access to and banned permanently.

If you read the last page what he said it's the SDK which is used for developing by 3rd party apps, and he is not in any beta program and has not signed any NDA. So not sure what you think he has violated?

If you read the last page what he said it's the SDK which is used for developing by 3rd party apps, and he is not in any beta program and has not signed any NDA. So not sure what you think he has violated?
We have had this discussion before on the forum so let's not go there again.
However, he DID agree to the terms of the SDK sign up which has confidentiality agreements contained therein.

We have had this discussion before on the forum so let's not go there again.
However, he DID agree to the terms of the SDK sign up which has confidentiality agreements contained therein.

Correct. There is a place to discuss NDA topics and that isn't a public forum.

Although a poor analogy, if you were buy a car and after the first service it'd only do 70mph I guess a lot of people would be miffed, If however you were to buy the same car that would only ever do 70mph that would be a different story?...... I don't think we should complain when we are prevented from breaking the law?...... It is after all the irresponsible owners that the laws are there to control.....

Last edited:
Although a poor analogy, if you were buy a car and after the first service it'd only do 70mph I guess a lot of people would be miffed, If however you were to buy the same car that would only ever do 70mph that would be a different story?...... I don't think we should complain when were are prevented from breaking the law?...... It is after all the irresponsible owners that the laws are there to control.....

If the above was directed at my post, you missed the meaning. Try reading it again, after reading the included quote above it first.

Although a poor analogy, if you were buy a car and after the first service it'd only do 70mph I guess a lot of people would be miffed, If however you were to buy the same car that would only ever do 70mph that would be a different story?...... I don't think we should complain when were are prevented from breaking the law?...... It is after all the irresponsible owners that the laws are there to control.....
Not unless you buy a VW.

If the above was directed at my post, you missed the meaning. Try reading it again, after reading the included quote above it first.
Not at all!...... more a view of the whole thread, I'm new here and new to quads full stop..... I'm somewhat surprised though that those who consider it safe to fly one of these things beyond visual range are up in arms when others try to avoid the bad publicity that this action will inevitably bring?.....:(

Reactions: Scotflieger

I agreed nothing I downloaded it from a google group of a 3rd party app where its used for this app because other firmware is not certified 100% SDK compatible.

What's the point now? Can we go back in SDK or SW? If not, better to sell this toy with this stupid restrictions (flying over mountains and from my boat on sea!!!!!

I feel your pain, you get sympathy from me. Since DJI SDK restrictions are pretty much a moral high ground festival I have opted to use software that skips the SDK completely and all the crippleware that comes along with it. Im spesificaly refering to the reduced top speed and climbing rate.
Autopilot in blackbox mode gives you the same effect as flying The GO app however with a completely cusom flight controller, no SDK piggy backing like litchi.

Im not saying its better, but if your flight requirements aka go-fast capabilities are being restricted by an armchair legal teams this solution is for you. You may find that your now turned granny toy is back to the weapon it was intended to be,
Have fun, attached a screenshot for reference.

What then does this mean:

"Beta RC firmware with the new encryption method is already available for testing. Once installed, the beta RC firmware cannot be rolled back to prior RC firmware versions."

You seriousely think the not Beta firmware then will be able to roll back? :confused:

Who suggested them to limit speed to 54 km/h (before 70 km/h) in autonomous flight modes?

Who suggested them to put 500m range limit to waypoints, though for now its only their own software which suffers this limit?

Who suggested them to cut channels to 8 while the aircraft was built for safe operation with 32 channels? (They could have made a "Check your laws ...... do at your own responsibility window instead)

Who suggested them to limit POI to 500m range - unfortunately firmware enforces this already to all software including 3rd partys

Its all paranoia? It does not really happen? My fantasy? :oops:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    978 KB · Views: 9
image.png image.png
I feel your pain, you get sympathy from me. Since DJI SDK restrictions are pretty much a moral high ground festival I have opted to use software that skips the SDK completely and all the crippleware that comes along with it. Im spesificaly refering to the reduced top speed and climbing rate.
Autopilot in blackbox mode gives you the same effect as flying The GO app however with a completely cusom flight controller, no SDK piggy backing like litchi.

Im not saying its better, but if your flight requirements aka go-fast capabilities are being restricted by an armchair legal teams this solution is for you. You may find that your now turned granny toy is back to the weapon it was intended to be,
Have fun, attached a screenshot for reference.
I love speed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669