Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New to airiel photography... HELP ME

Reaction score
So basically I am just going to start airiel photography and I know it is something I really wanna stick with. I can spend 4500$ on all my total equipment but I don't know what to get. I want the dji inspire 2 but I have no clue what accessorize I should get. Can someone help me?

So basically I am just going to start airiel photography and I know it is something I really wanna stick with. I can spend 4500$ on all my total equipment but I don't know what to get. I want the dji inspire 2 but I have no clue what accessorize I should get. Can someone help me?

**Aerial [emoji2]

Are you looking to get a setup to be able to do commercial work for hire or what did you have in mind? Or are you looking to get into aerial photography as just a hobby?

**Aerial [emoji2]

Are you looking to get a setup to be able to do commercial work for hire or what did you have in mind? Or are you looking to get into aerial photography as just a hobby?
Really I was looking just to get into the hobby . And thanks for the correction

Reactions: Advexure
Really I was looking just to get into the hobby . And thanks for the correction

First your decision to make would be either the X4S or X5S camera. From there you focus is really just how many extra batteries you are looking for.

Also, did you have any idea as to what viewing device you would be running the DJI GO 4 app on? iPad, iPhone, Android device?

First your decision to make would be either the X4S or X5S camera. From there you focus is really just how many extra batteries you are looking for.

Also, did you have any idea as to what viewing device you would be running the DJI GO 4 app on? iPad, iPhone, Android device?
I was actually thinking of getting the dji crystalsky monitor. I do have an iPhone 7 but I kinda wanted the crystalsky cause it's great for outdoor use

I was actually thinking of getting the dji crystalsky monitor. I do have an iPhone 7 but I kinda wanted the crystalsky cause it's great for outdoor use

Right on. Unless you find that you'd like the additional imaging capabilities with the X5S your package would be the Inspire 2 Base Unit with X4S. Feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email and we can work up a package for you with the CrystalSky and however many additional batteries you'd be looking for - [email protected]

Reactions: deltalimatango
Right on. Unless you find that you'd like the additional imaging capabilities with the X5S your package would be the Inspire 2 Base Unit with X4S. Feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email and we can work up a package for you with the CrystalSky and however many additional batteries you'd be looking for - [email protected]
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and I'm actually gonna get it from you guys

Just to add a bit. I have the I2 and switched out the X4S to the X5S. As a photographer, I tend to want the best image quality possible and the ability to swap lenses should I desire to do so. It was a good decision as I like the results so far that the M4/3 camera system produces. Video is very good as well. The guys from Advexture are great and offer a ton of support. There are also fantastic suppliers here to choose from.

Just curious... Is the Crystal Sky monitor out now?

Just curious... Is the Crystal Sky monitor out now?

Pre-production units are "out" for demos and displays but regular production units have not begun shipping quite yet. We are currently looking around the first to second week of June right now for the first production units to ship based on what we're hearing.

You can read a bit more on the CrystalSky here: https://www.advexure.com/dji-crystalsky-drone-video-monitor/

For updates as things progress you can monitor this thread here on the forum: DJI CrystalSky - Pre-order now available at Advexure

Let us know if you have any specific questions about anything.

I use an iPhone 7 Plus, and I would also like it to be brighter for our purposes, but with a monitor hood it can work, so my preference would be for batteries, ND filters, lenses if you got an X5S, etc. before such an expensive monitor. If monitor brightness is a major concern for you though, it might still be worth getting up front.

Get a Mavic or Spark first...
Agree with Oyibo, except I would even go for a Phantom 3 or 4 to see if you get as much out of it as you think. Small investment against a much larger financial risk. Also, for photography, I2 seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. For the same money you could get an I1 pro plus lenses and spare batteries. Remember to budget for a decent spec computer to handle all that lovely post-processing

Get a Mavic or Spark first...

If you want to make photography your primary forte I'd recommend jumping in at the Phantom 4 Pro. I really love the sensor on that thing.

Also have to say that the Spark's sensor is not all that shabby either. One of our guys grabbed this shot yesterday night. Spark gets tossed around by the slightest of winds. Very lucky to have a completely dead night last night.

Spark-Sunset2-Advexure.jpg

If your budget is limited to $4500 I think your best route is the inspire 1 as it is much cheaper with X5 camera or P4P. There is no chance of getting an inspire 2 with your budget. Just the batteries are around $500 for a pair and those are only for one flight. You will need at least two or three pairs in order to get a decent amount of flight time so that's $1500 by itself.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we have just spent £9000 on an inspire 2 which is with the X5S and we have got four pairs of batteries. When you also consider the lenses that are needed with the X5S you could spend another $1500 on those.

The Inspire 1 and P4P are still excellent drone but are MUCH cheaper than the I2!

If your budget is limited to $4500 I think your best route is the inspire 1 as it is much cheaper with X5 camera or P4P. There is no chance of getting an inspire 2 with your budget. Just the batteries are around $500 for a pair and those are only for one flight. You will need at least two or three pairs in order to get a decent amount of flight time so that's $1500 by itself.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we have just spent £9000 on an inspire 2 which is with the X5S and we have got four pairs of batteries. When you also consider the lenses that are needed with the X5S you could spend another $1500 on those.

The Inspire 1 and P4P are still excellent drone but are MUCH cheaper than the I2!

Spot on. Couldn't be better said. The I2 is an amazing platform, but this comes at a cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin