Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New x5 with 1.0.0.30 what to do?

Reaction score
Hi All I have just taken delivery of a new inspire 1 pro currently its running 1.4.00.10+ and the x5 is running 1.0.0.30 should i update? if so which is the best to use? i won't be doing any low light work and will be shooting in log mode. Are the aircraft and camera updates available separately? or do i have to update all at the same time?

thanks in advance!

Hi All I have just taken delivery of a new inspire 1 pro currently its running 1.4.00.10+ and the x5 is running 1.0.0.30 should i update? if so which is the best to use? i won't be doing any low light work and will be shooting in log mode. Are the aircraft and camera updates available separately? or do i have to update all at the same time?

thanks in advance!
There have been some useful X5 improvements in the latest firmware. I would ensure that it both the aircraft and camera are at the latest standard (1.4.0.70). You need to download the .bin file from the DJI.com site. Once placed in the root directory of your MicroSD card and inserted in the X5 it will update all the aircraft subsystems including the camera. The iOS app is at 2.7.1 (from Apple App Store) and the RC at 1.5.70.

Thank you for your reply I updated and can see an improvement in video quality will test fly tomorrow.

Odd. I read the quality has decreased a lot. My bird has 1.4. getting a new X5 tomorrow.

What are the improvements in your opinion pls ?

Upon further examination I have found that both d log and cine are total garbage. Standard with -2-2-3 is good. I really should not have updated

Seems ok in good light. Wonder if the noise has been fixed for D-Log and D-Cinelike modes. The last version increased the sharpness in those modes but introduced unusable noise.

Thanks for confirming.. I suspected as much since the release notes for v1.8 made no mention of improvements to the camera beyond "Improved stability for camera".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela