Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie Question "Red Plane" in the wrong direction

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, I promise I've looked for an answer first before posting. In the DJI Pilot App, the red plane in the circle in the lower left hand corner (Android Version), does not match the direction of the Inspire. Is there a way to orient the two so they are together?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Sorry for the stupid question, I promise I've looked for an answer first before posting. In the DJI Pilot App, the red plane in the circle in the lower left hand corner (Android Version), does not match the direction of the Inspire. Is there a way to orient the two so they are together?
Welcome to the I1. There is no such thing as a stupid question. The 'radar' in the bottom left hand corner shows the I1 orientation (red arrow) in relation to the Pilot's viewpoint. It also shows you the camera gimbal angle to the I1 axis (line around circumference) and how far you are away from the left/right limits (line turns red). The 2 blue semi-circles indicate the pitch and roll.

Android devices are notoriously rubbish with applications utilising their directional sensors (magnetometers), its actually quite well documented on the world wide wonder web.
You will probably fine that most of the time your Inspire graphic in the corner is around 45degrees out from the direction it should be. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Unfortunately there is not an awful lot that can be done to rectify the problem.
The important thing to watch out for is the Inspires orientation on the map screen should be correct in relation to the overlay/satellite's image data. If it is not, do not take off!
Power down your aircraft,reposition of and try again.

Hope that helps.

Hey tms1203..
This has happened to me a lot. .
restart your app ,rc and i1 and
do it until everything lines up..
it can take several times..
In the past I thought a bad compass calibration caused this ,but after experiencing this many times I learned to just start and restart the ac ,app and i1..
make sure and do your start up in a known good location ..
turbo. .

Last edited:
Android devices are notoriously rubbish with applications utilising their directional sensors (magnetometers), its actually quite well documented on the world wide wonder web.
You will probably fine that most of the time your Inspire graphic in the corner is around 45degrees out from the direction it should be. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Unfortunately there is not an awful lot that can be done to rectify the problem.
The important thing to watch out for is the Inspires orientation on the map screen should be correct in relation to the overlay/satellite's image data. If it is not, do not take off!
Power down your aircraft,reposition of and try again.

Hope that helps.
So do you recommend using a apple tablet instead of the google nexus 7 I have. I do notice that I dont have audio warnings on the nexus tablet and it did not work when registering my new Phantom 3Pro. Had to use my iphone 6plus. The nexus worked fine on the Inspire registration though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08