Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Newest member of the exclusive "Certified UAV Pilots" club here.

Reaction score
Snifters of cognac, and Davidoffs all around. 42L jacket, thank you...

Took the Remote Pilots 101 course, watched their videos, did their pre-tests repeatedly and was surprised at how much of their raw info did not directly translate to the test questions.

There were maybe 6 that were on the actual test, and that was not what I was led to believe. Not blaming RP101 as the FAA may have very recently updated test questions, just a word to the wise if you thinks it's a easy as a little memorization.

When the test was over, I assumed I had a 50/50 chance of pass/ fail. Lot of weather, chart symbols, and procedure, and most questions were phrased tricky.

I also feel that if you YouTube the heck out of METARS, VFR sectional charts, understanding weather as it pertains to aeronautics, and 107 rules, you can have as good a chance.

Passed with an 85.

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
I bought this eBook on the 29th when the test was released. Studied for a few days and passed on 9/2 above 90%. The FAA study guide can be redundant and annoying, but these guys really put it together in a clear and concise manner.

Test Prep: Remote Pilot

I'm not affiliated with them whatsoever, but the book helped me and a lot of other people. No reason to pay $1000 for classes, just buy the $20 book and study yourself.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
I agree about remote Pilots 101. All in all a great course, but their practice test does need some work. Plus every time I took it (and I took it about 15 times) at least 5 questions would be repeated within the 60. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 6 questions were on the test. I also took the 3DR practice test several times. The actual FAA test was definitely tougher than I had imagined, and there is NO way I would have passed without the week of studying/RP-101/practice tests. They definitely try to trick you on some of them! Having said that I think now there is so much info on what's on the test that one can probably do enough research online and have a good chance of passing, but if I had to do it again I would still take the 101 course. It's only $99 and well worth it, the videos are well done and in 2 years when I need to re-test it's free. But, like the OP said supplement it with some other online resources.

I passed on Sept 21, sent my info through IACRA on Sept 22, got my temporary certificate on Sept 26, still waiting on my permanent card.

Passed mine today as well.

Missed 4. Now waiting for the results to post so I can complete my application.

No ground school just internet study, aviation background =)

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds