Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Night Flying OPS Manual

Reaction score
Website
www.flyinghorseimaging.co.uk
Renewing my PfAW (PfCO) and wondered if those who use additional lighting (eg Lume Cubes) have written the latter into the OPS Manual night flying. Especially interested in whether people have changed the MTOW to incorporate weight of the lights or have left the manufacturers MTOW unchanged in the manual. Help much appreciated.

Hey Michael,

I have not flown with Lume Cubes, however, we have mounted minor to extensive lighting solutions to our enterprise drones on a per project basis or as needed. In regards to MTOW, I have always updated relevant flight materials including Operations Manuals etc with whatever light solution we decide to put on, be it day of the shoot or a month before. Especially when it comes to night operations, cover all your bases in both current information for yourself and relevant parties (authorities, permits etc) and materials that could be presented in court.

It certainly is well received by our insurers, shows we are current with our information be it small to large details, and potentially offers a buffer between an accident / crash situation and my company.

Hope that's helps and is along the lines of what you wanted?
H

CAA want a beacon light / Flashing light to be fitted

had my CAA night permission for a few years now.

but you need to adjust your ops manual for night flying accordingly and then apply to the CAA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD