Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Night shot of downtown Tucson

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos' started by pokercop, Feb 20, 2015.

1. pokercop

would have gone much closer but that area if full of power and trolly lines... Ugh
    It's my 1st long exposure shot with the Inspire 1 so be gentle. ISO 800, 3* exposure, zero wind. It was VERY dark out so I'm surprised how much light came through.
    image.jpg

2. turbodronepilot

Wow ..that's a stunning picture. .this is an example of how beautiful it can be to fly at night..too bad night flights will be illegal when the new faa recommendations become law..well unless they change their mind..one can only hope..

#2 turbodronepilot, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    DjiQuadzilla likes this.
  3. skyfisher

Nice looking image, especially for night.

4. huppe

3" seconds? That Gimbal of the Inspire is really great.It's a flying Tri-pod

5. pokercop

Yep, surprised me. I tried 5 seconds but that was asking too much. 3 seconds is still amazing. With no wind at all I was lucky.

lrwskyfilms and DjiQuadzilla like this.
  6. lrwskyfilms

Really amazed at the clarity. Thx for sharing.

7. TonG

Its a very nice image but if you have shot it in DNG you could lighten up the shadows to give the image more color and depth.
    I tried it with you image and it worked reasonably despite the fact it is a JPG.

Ton

Attached Files:

8. pokercop

Thanks! The problem is that I no longer own a copy of Photoshop. It was on my last computer but not on my new one. Since I purchased it last they now want to charge to rent the software rather than letting me just buy it. I can't find a place to purchase an older copy so I can just own it again, therefor I am stuck being unable to edit my photos. I tried GIMP but don't really want to learn a whole new software. I don't mind paying one time, but to pay forever? Seems crazy to me.

9. TonG

I understand but if you want you can do the same edits with Lightroom or with PSE.
    Lightroom is not that expensive and especially the image-editing part is very intuitive. It has the same structure as Adobe Camera Raw
    Ton

lrwskyfilms likes this.
  10. pops52

Agreed. I can't bring myself to rent software. It would push me away from most of my computer interests if the world moves further in this direction. I have several other non-computer related hobbies that will allow me to keep my feet in the hobby world. All of my editing software is on my XP computer of which I guess I'm on very borrowed time with it. :(

lrwskyfilms likes this.
  11. lrwskyfilms

Sad but true.

12. Kilrah

It was bothering me at first, then I did the math and it's usually actually cheaper with the new system with the benefit of always up to date etc. So I'm now the opposite... and this year is the first I'm actually using licensed software ;)

Also spreads the cost which is usually a good thing.

13. lrwskyfilms

Agree I use Lightroom at £8.57 pm and I brought Abode premiere elements 13 for less than £50.

14. TonG

I'm using Photoshop and Lightroom on a subscription-base. Like that!! About the same price as purchasing it. €12,09 p/m incl. taxes.

Ton