Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Fly Zones

Good day, wondering if anyone has had ssuccess with the new public Android beta update, Inspire 1 Beta Firmware V01.09.01.02?
I have run the firmware update with the following result:

========= 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.02_beta.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I have also reloaded the app on my Galaxy S5 with the following file: DJI-160413-122-release-fly_unlimit.apk ( have an NVIDIA SHIELD on order to replace the S5)
DJI Go reports the following:

APP: 2.8.0
Version: 1.7.00.90+
Camera: 1.5.00.30
RC: 1.5.80

Seems to me that the version should show 1.09.01.02 to match the firmware update, but it is telling it was successful.

So, I go to the website, put in my unlock request, I get the text message and go through the process to unlock and it tells me it is successful.
Take the bird out to test and as soon as it GPS lock it tells me I am in a no fly zone and the bird will do nothing.

Not sure what I am missing but it is obvious that something is not going as planned. Did not have any success with the original beta either, basically same results.
Anyone that has had success with this I would appreciate any tips/assistance that you could offer.
David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA
10_2x.gif

Last edited:
Good day, wondering if anyone has had ssuccess with the new public Android beta update, Inspire 1 Beta Firmware V01.09.01.02?
I have run the firmware update with the following result:

========= 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.02_beta.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I have also reloaded the app on my Galaxy S5 with the following file: DJI-160413-122-release-fly_unlimit.apk ( have an NVIDIA SHIELD on order to replace the S5)
DJI Go reports the following:

APP: 2.8.0

Seems to me that the version should show 1.09.01.02 to match the firmware update, but it is telling it was successful.

So, I go to the website, put in my unlock request, I get the text message and go through the process to unlock and it tells me it is successful.
Take the bird out to test and as soon as it GPS lock it tells me I am in a no fly zone and the bird will do nothing.

Not sure what I am missing but it is obvious that something is not going as planned. Did not have any success with the original beta either, basically same results.
Anyone that has had success with this I would appreciate any tips/assistance that you could offer.
David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA
10_2x.gif
The version number for beta firmware is not shown as you expect. The + plus sign indicates that you have a version on advance of the formal/public version shown. This is normal.

I don't know about the Android tablet you are using but the file you quote is the beta app version. Before you go to your NFZ you need to ensure that the aircraft is connected to the internet so that the unlock information can be downloaded. Alternatively, you need to use a internet connected phone in the field. No internet - no unlock.

Thank you for the information, I think that must be the step I was missing, making sure I was hooked up to the WiFi while doing the unlock procedure and having the bird turned on at that point.I will give that a try on Monday.
Thanks again for the input!

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hi!

I got the accept from Flysafe team that I can fly in the locked area.

But.. I might got a problem, becouse I use the Inspire raw.

So...does any one know if its possible to go on the Inspire 1 PRO firmware update on a Inspire 1 Raw?

Flysafe team told me to download the version on this page, but I am little but concern that the update will bug if i have the Inspire 1 Raw update at the moment...
I have the Beta app and i got the license from Flysafe...

Mail:
"
Before you fly:

1.Please upgrade the aircraft firmware to GEO beta . DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

2.RC with the latest firmware"

There is no information about the Inspire 1 Raw...

Page: Regarding the Firmware here:
DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Hi!

I got the accept from Flysafe team that I can fly in the locked area.

But.. I might got a problem, becouse I use the Inspire raw.

So...does any one know if its possible to go on the Inspire 1 PRO firmware update on a Inspire 1 Raw?

Flysafe team told me to download the version on this page, but I am little but concern that the update will bug if i have the Inspire 1 Raw update at the moment...
I have the Beta app and i got the license from Flysafe...

Mail:
"
Before you fly:

1.Please upgrade the aircraft firmware to GEO beta . DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

2.RC with the latest firmware"

There is no information about the Inspire 1 Raw...

Page: Regarding the Firmware here:
DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly
The GEO beta firmware (1.9.1.2) just updates the single flight control subsystem for the GEO fencing. It does not update any other system including the X5/X5pro. Provided you first have the aircraft updated to the latest standard for your aircraft you should not any issues.

Hi!

The firmware is on the mirco sd card now in the drone, but the update does not start...
I had read the guide and it told me to update the aircraft to this firmware, but.. if its only the control that need the update. I shall but an USB into the controller and update only the controller?

I got it now... Sorry for the question. Did not read the whole guide.. xP Thanks for the information mate.

The GEO beta firmware (1.9.1.2) just updates the single flight control subsystem for the GEO fencing. It does not update any other system including the X5/X5pro. Provided you first have the aircraft updated to the latest standard for your aircraft you should not any issues.

So, what version shall be showed in the app? I have this versions now.
The GEO update shall be on the controller right?

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 6
So, what version shall be showed in the app? I have this versions now.
The GEO update shall be on the controller right?
The GEO beta FW may not be compatible with your X5 Pro. What does the hidden installation log file say? (Turn on hidden files and look in /misc/log). The last entry I assume relates to the X5 Pro (I've not seen this before).

OK, still having no joy here.

This is the process that I used, maybe some can spot an error I have made.

Again, reported firmware versions:
APP; 2.8.0

Power on on A/C, R/C, App up and running, Galaxy S5 has good WiFi connection to internet. Go to Advance Unlock site, select the appropriate site to unlock, Travis AFB, input dates and Flight Controller Serial number and hit the submit button. Site reports a successful unlock, if I look at my account it shows a valid site unlock:

2016-05-25 TRAVIS AFB Fairfield,United States of America Recreational airports 0410059795 Valid Delete : Info copied from unlock site

Take the bird outside to test and a few seconds after it obtains a good GPS lock and I try to spin up the motors I get the same old message saying "you are in a no fly zone, take off has been restricted"

I have tried this leaving the A/C, RC and App up and running after unlocking and taking it out, I have also tried shutting everything down before taking it out to test, same results both times. Thought I had it the first time because the motors actually spooled up, but then the GPS got lock and it shut everything down.

Any suggestions? See something I am missing?

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided,\

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

I guess I would try doing everything regarding the unlock while all your equipment is positioned outside the NFZ, then go into it to try to fly.

I know that shouldn't make a difference...but, what the heck, you know?

I don't think it would make any difference, when I am inside my office going through the unlock procedure the A/C & app do not have/show a GPS lock, so it should not know that it is in the NFZ. But you have made me think about this, maybe the system needs to have a GPS lock when I run the unlock procedure for it to take...might have to see if I can manage that and give it a try.

David Cushman
Base Multimedia Manager
Travis AFB, CA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool