Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No GPS built into remote

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It appears if you want GPS for the remote, you have to order it a-la-cart and attach it externally. I wonder how this will look? I also can't believe they did not include this by default. Anyone else have an opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be cool if it came with inbuilt GPS but as long as your phone/tablet you're using has GPS that should be good enough (that's what the inspire 1 and phantoms use).

It would be cool if it came with inbuilt GPS but as long as your phone/tablet you're using has GPS that should be good enough (that's what the inspire 1 and phantoms use).

The inspire 1 remote has GPS module built in. It's not the most accurate, but works especially with wifi only mobile devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's only about $30 on dji store

Edit: $29
606cf5e6b7dfe4341ab736f176f52ed3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dopeytree
I believe the problem with the GPS in the I1 RC was that the tablet sitting on top of it made it difficult for the GPS unit to fully see the sky limiting it's usefulness.

Brian

Reactions: dopeytree
I believe the problem with the GPS in the I1 RC was that the tablet sitting on top of it made it difficult for the GPS unit to fully see the sky limiting it's usefulness.

Brian
Probably....or its another opportunity for DJI to sell a $3.00 item for $30.00.

Reactions: Ftolino
There's GPS in it just like the I1 this just makes it more accurate is all

I think this was probably designed to use with their new crystalsky monitors, which are probably just wifi form updates and syncing your account your user could, and they have a map loaded already to allow the system to run smoother. Just a guess

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG