Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No GPS info in specs?

Reaction score
Now inspire 1 and the remote have a GPS In them correct?
I find it funny they don't give or even tell you that there is one in them on the spec page? I wanted to know the details of the GPS in each was really my mission... Any insight or info on this thanks!

Now inspire 1 and the remote have a GPS In them correct?
I find it funny they don't give or even tell you that there is one in them on the spec page? I wanted to know the details of the GPS in each was really my mission... Any insight or info on this thanks!
What exactly do you want to know about the GPS receivers in the Inspire/TX?
Why?

Reactions: Kilrah
Wrong - both the Inspire AND the remote have a GPS receiver in them (otherwise dynamic home point would be impossible)

You mean that's actually working now?
Since which version of firmware, i'm still back on 1.2.1 and plan on doing a lot of boating this spring.

What exactly do you want to know about the GPS receivers in the Inspire/TX?
Why?

Like if they both are gps and glonass combination and how accurate/fast they refresh their location etc... (Now on the feature page I found that the one in the inspire is the combo gps and glonass, but that's about all I know as far as details...
I Want to know this because I have been reading that for dynamic waypoint/follow me mode a second GPS (bluetooth) helps out... So just wondering if the GPS in the remote is a good one or poor... Because if I were to buy a second GPS I would like to make sure it is at least better than the one already in the remote... Hope this makes sense
Thanks!

You mean that's actually working now?
Since which version of firmware, i'm still back on 1.2.1 and plan on doing a lot of boating this spring.

If your not doing a project and your planning on bringing your Inspire for boating fun - you might try other activities like say fishing - regretfully the Inspire sinks like a rock and flying over water is not the best place to have fun!

Like if they both are gps and glonass combination and how accurate/fast they refresh their location etc... (Now on the feature page I found that the one in the inspire is the combo gps and glonass, but that's about all I know as far as details...
I Want to know this because I have been reading that for dynamic waypoint/follow me mode a second GPS (bluetooth) helps out... So just wondering if the GPS in the remote is a good one or poor... Because if I were to buy a second GPS I would like to make sure it is at least better than the one already in the remote... Hope this makes sense
Thanks!
OK - you are correct in your observation that the Inspire contains a GPS (Navstar) and Glonass receiver in the aircraft itself. This is a self contained Ublox unit and is not user accessible/configurable.
It is irrelevant regarding the refresh rate on the RC GPS RX since dynamic home point is not actually 'dynamic' - you have to manually update your home position at an interval of your choice. This is all covered in the manual under 'Dynamic Home Point'
Follow me mode is not available/supported on the DJI Go app (thank God!).
And before anyone pipes up like a broken record and says 'It works on some Inspires' - it is not supposed to and has been addressed in the most recent FW release. This has been done for safety reasons since it is not sensible to have a multirotor of the mass of the Inspire tethered by a 'Follow Me' style link.

Wrong - both the Inspire AND the remote have a GPS receiver in them (otherwise dynamic home point would be impossible)
Could you please reference the document that shows that the RC has a GPS. I cannot find it and I was under the impression that GPS on the tablet/phone was used when a flight mode required it. Thanks a bunch.

Could you please reference the document that shows that the RC has a GPS. I cannot find it and I was under the impression that GPS on the tablet/phone was used when a flight mode required it. Thanks a bunch.
Page 10 Item 20 in the user manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko