Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Image / No Signal

Need some help. I have updated the Inspire Firmware both on the RC and Inspire itself. I have lost image transmission when switched on. Status reads that there is no signal but i am able to control gimbal and fly too. Am just not getting any image on my iPad mini. Tried to record, so when i popped the micro sd card into the computer it captures and saved all recordings. So everything seems to be working fine except am not getting any real time images. Has anyone experienced this problem and how can i rectify it?
Note:- Before the firmware update was done Ive had hours of flight time and everything was perfect. problems only arose after new firmware updated.

you can download the old version DJI PILOT 1.0.7 ANDROID

Same issue here..
Control is good, telemetry is good, recording is good, everything is good.. except for that "NO SIGNAL" message on my tablet (Android). My camera just came back from DJI.. as in.. just arrived from service. No way I am sending it and wait for months again.

Interestingly.. HDMI out is good.
It works normally. Pressed the play button on remote and it display correctly.
I suspect it got something to do with the new firmware (or app) and the way it encode/decode to USB. I mean come on.. the HDMI out is perfect as usual.

I hope someone come up with a better idea on how to resolve this.
My next attempt on problem solving: try it on another tablet, maybe an iPad.

SOLVED by downloading DJI Pilot 1.0.7 from Olivier links above!!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
and.. Thank you!!!

I'm running a Galaxy Tab 4 8" with Android version 4.4.2 on a dual controller Inspire, no picture on either controller. I deleted the Google Play Store Pilot app and downloaded the Pilot app from DJI's website and installed it and now I have a great picture on each controller.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

I managed to get DJi to send me a new camera. It's a hardware problem in the camera itself.
I wrestled with the same problem, went through all the steps with support and basically ended up with them saying the dreaded three words "send it in". I haven't yet because I was filming for the 4th. How did you convince them to send a new camera?

I have found the antenna position on my controller has a huge impact on video signal reception. If my antennas are rotated outward a bit and then tilted up I have no problem receiving the video image on the IPAD. If the antennas are not in that position, I often have connection difficulties.

An example of perfect antenna position would resemble the location of your pointer fingers if you held up your hands, touched thumbnails together and made a "W" with the pointer fingers.....

Last edited:
I have found the antenna position on my controller has a huge impact on video signal reception. If my antennas are rotated outward a bit and then tilted up I have no problem receiving the video image on the IPAD. If the antennas are not in that position, I often have connection difficulties.

An example of perfect antenna position would resemble the location of your pointer fingers if you held up your hands, touched thumbnails together and made a "W" with the pointer fingers.....
Also tried that. Thanks.

I had this happen twice..
First time was a badly seated SD card, just remove it and see if your camera comes online.
Second time was due to a wire in one of the ribbon cables not fully inserted (pulled out) from the connector, see the image below, Top right pin almost out of the connector.. I just pushed it home and refitted it.
pin.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
This has been happening to me since around probably May on v1.2.0.17, then I decided, heck I'll upgrade to v1.2.1.06 in hopes that it will solve the issue and it has not changed at all. Sometimes it will go away after a few (2-5) power cycles of everything. Sometimes it takes dozens of power cycling attempts. Anyone else still fighting this? I have a friend with an I1 as well and he has never had an issue. He is on v1.2.1.06. Anyone?

This has been happening to me since around probably May on v1.2.0.17, then I decided, heck I'll upgrade to v1.2.1.06 in hopes that it will solve the issue and it has not changed at all. Sometimes it will go away after a few (2-5) power cycles of everything. Sometimes it takes dozens of power cycling attempts. Anyone else still fighting this? I have a friend with an I1 as well and he has never had an issue. He is on v1.2.1.06. Anyone?
2 things to try..
1. check the 2 ribbon cables that connect to the gimbal, remove them both and carefully inspect both ends.
2. try removing your sd card, clean the contacts with an eraser and make sure you FULLY insert it, when doing this see if your RC connects when the card is removed (possible faulty card)

2 things to try..
1. check the 2 ribbon cables that connect to the gimbal, remove them both and carefully inspect both ends.
2. try removing your sd card, clean the contacts with an eraser and make sure you FULLY insert it, when doing this see if your RC connects when the card is removed (possible faulty card)

Just to give my input on this, I am using an iPad Air 2 connected to the RC with an Anker Lightening cable. This week I've been having 'no signal' issues both on the ground and when flying. I tried new batteries, new cables, checking firmware and for any damage. The only thing that worked was to remove the gimbal plate to access the two ribbon cables as described above. It's hard to tell if there was a loose connection, but I pushed down firmly on both connectors, put everything back together and now the HD downlink is working perfectly.

Thank you for this fix!

Just to give my input on this, I am using an iPad Air 2 connected to the RC with an Anker Lightening cable. This week I've been having 'no signal' issues both on the ground and when flying. I tried new batteries, new cables, checking firmware and for any damage. The only thing that worked was to remove the gimbal plate to access the two ribbon cables as described above. It's hard to tell if there was a loose connection, but I pushed down firmly on both connectors, put everything back together and now the HD downlink is working perfectly.

Thank you for this fix!
You are welcome!

I found this info

someone already tried it if it helps ?

Marnix

Attachments

• Fixing Intermittent Drop Out of Video Signal.pdf
    218.5 KB · Views: 103
Simple solution , I was in travel mode. took out of travel mode and everything was fine.

Today made a small flight went up to 75m.
then around 5 min recording first got the no signal on my Nvidia Shield in Airplane mode.
I landed the craft. shut everything off. Restarted and went Up again. again while i was filming got a Video cache full error nd the App restarted. i landed again. i think i will wait on the android version of the DJI GO app so i can install the latest firmware.

What do you mean by travel mode ? Is that the Airplane mode ?
No it was a line in the app that said I was in Travel Mode. Hit it and it took me out of travel mode and everything worked. On the top row of the app in the very middle hit that button and it opens the status menu. Scroll to the bottom and now I have a button that says Enter Travel Mode. I am not sure exactly what it said before I just know when I clicked on that button I left Travel Mode and everything worked from there.

Last edited:
Have contacted DJI technical support directly will post once they let me know the problem and solution to it.

We will all be long dead by then!

When this happens to me (several times since the last ios pilot app update.
I just power off the bird, then power it back on again, (works just about everytime).

Inspire is such a great tool, what a flippin joke all this bs firmware updates.
STILL doesn't give me what was promised me 8 months ago !!!

I have the same issue. No Signal.
I have tried everything from
1- switiching inspire and rc off and back on
2- changing usb cables
3- changing tablet
4- trying other cables with other tablet
5- making sure antennas are points in the right direction
6- removing sd card
7- formatting and reinserting sd card
8- inserting new sd card
9- deleting and reinstalling dji go app
10- relinking rc with inspire
11- unhooking X3 from inspire and reattaching
12- talked to support and tried their steps
In the end they asked me to send them a hidden log file in the sd card, then replied by saying the file shows my X3 is faulty and i need to send it in for repair under warranty.
Funny thing is, although i get no signal, i have full control of the gimball and although there is no live feed i am still able to take photos and videos ( blindly ) but none the less the X3 is functional. I can not view the images or videos on the app, they wont come up, but i can download them to my camera roll on my ipad and they are there.
I have tried to comb the internet for any tips regarding this issue, but nothing. Clearly the issue is with the signal between camera and app. And i cant find out why.
Just to make thingns a little clearer, i have had no signal/no live feed from day 1. I turned my inspire on, rc on, launched app, then got the update requires list ( from aircraft, rc, battery to camera all need update). Turned everything off, googled steps for updating, followed the steps to the letter. Used videos on youtube as guidance, took a while, then when i launched the app, showed no more update required. But no live feed since then. Flying gets boring without a purpose. #help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah