Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Manual ATTI mode with iOS Pilot App 1.1.1

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
Since installing Pilot App 1.1.1 on my iPad Air 2 I have been unable to manually select ATTI mode using the controller P-A-F switch. The warning that ATTI has been selected is displayed but the mode status remains green P-GPS and the I1 remains rock solid in the air with no wind drift. I do have Mulitple Flight Mode select under Advanced Settings.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Considering how many people complained about sudden GPS dropout, I am not sure it's a bug.
People were asking for this feature right from the start, DJI delivered.
Solid P-GPS MODE was on every pilot wish list.
And now it's rock solid, it won't move no matter how hard you try :)

Considering how many people complained about sudden GPS dropout, I am not sure it's a bug.
People were asking for this feature right from the start, DJI delivered.
Solid P-GPS MODE was on every pilot wish list.
And now it's rock solid, it won't move no matter how hard you try :)
I agree that P-GPS must be reliable and solid when required. However, all of us must be able to control our I1s if there is a GPS dropout and for that practice is essential. Also I am about to do my flight test for my UK CAA permission and part of that is to demonstrate that I can control the I1 in non-GPS stabilised mode. Therefore, being able to manually select ATTI is essential and it is a feature that did and should work.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Funny, when I did the download and app update, I had to RE-enable multiple flight mode. Didn't expect it.

It did start working. I had to bring it down, turn it off, make the change, and turn it back on. Then all was well. Just to reiterate, there was no firmware change right? Just Pilot App update?

I agree that P-GPS must be reliable and solid when required. However, all of us must be able to control our I1s if there is a GPS dropout and for that practice is essential. Also I am about to do my flight test for my UK CAA permission and part of that is to demonstrate that I can control the I1 in non-GPS stabilised mode. Therefore, being able to manually select ATTI is essential and it is a feature that did and should work.

I agree, Scott, being able to fly in Atti Mode is mandatory for certain aerial works, it was just a little inside joke, as this bug is somehow funny, considering that the major issue of previous firmwares was the sudden loss of gps, during flight.

Speaking of funny bugs and considering also that lately a lot of people are complaining about a sudden loss of power, with birds falling suddenly from the sky, I am looking forward to see the first pilot complaning that he is not able to land its Inspire.

"It just sits up there for the last two hours, what should I do ?"

It did start working. I had to bring it down, turn it off, make the change, and turn it back on. Then all was well. Just to reiterate, there was no firmware change right? Just Pilot App update?
I updated to the Pilot App 1.1.1 before doing the firmware update. Due to intermittent rain I could only do a short test flight before I upgraded the I1 to 1.2.1.3. However, I do recall I did select manual ATTI and that it did not work. I did not have the opportunity to confirm the Multiple Flight Modes where correctly selected before flying was stopped due to rain.

If it is not switching to Atti in iOS then it is an app bug.

Working fine here on Android (tried this morning).

Can someone else using iOS app can confirm if this is a bug or not ? My bird is in Germany, for a recalibration of the engines arms, so it would be good to know what to do when it will arrive, hopefully next week.
Already there is a FAILSAFE altitude bug reported on iOS, and confirmed by DJI, please share your story.
Is this related only to the iOS devic model ( I am using also Air 2) or it is a general app bug ?

I did the full update in IOS and I am seeing no issues. I only use atti and it is working great.

I did the full update in IOS and I am seeing no issues. I only use atti and it is working great.

Thanks, hopefully it's just Scott's badluck, maybe with a fresh reinstalmment his problem would be solved..
What kind of iOS device are you using ? On previous apps versions were some bugs related with a specific model of iPad.

I have an iPad Air 2. I bought it for the quad and use it for nothing but the pilot and shou apps. Try to keep it lag free and clean.

So I decided to update my white shiny lady.
But I ain't updating the app!

AC 23 minutes and still updating...

AC 33 minutes now :O
It never takes this long
*begins to worry*

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
So I decided to update my white shiny lady.
But I ain't updating the app!

AC 23 minutes and still updating...

AC 33 minutes now :O
It never takes this long
*begins to worry*

They should add a little sticker to Inspire : if you have heart problems, do not update unattended :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters