Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No signal after update firmware

I don't think the 1.7 update is an update ,its the old one the aircraft did update with the sounds and the txt file shows it ok
but the rc says its 1.6

I've had this major problem twice now.
The first "No Signal" problem happened a few months ago when I was new to my Inspire. I yanked the camera in and without powering the Inspire down first. I must have shorted something out. DJI repair shop here in Atlanta tried a firmware update to no avail.
Tried a new camera and everything worked perfectly. Shelled out $550. Sent old camera to DJI. Est is $440 to repair!

Now two months later, flying with the Litchi app on iOS the memory card filled up while flying. Brought it home. Installed a new battery and camera card. Immediately got "No Signal" and noticed in setting "Gimbal Disconnected". My son, on the secondary remote got the same message and no camera view.
I tried everything from restarting to going into travel mode. ( in and out of Travel Mode did work on a previous occasion.)
Finally after reading this post I tried downloading and reinstalling the firmware. 1.7.0.90 did nothing. Went back and downloaded 1.6.0.40 (which my Inspire currently was running) 1.6.0.40 reloaded in about 20 minutes. When I got the fished sound and the blinking yellowish/green light I turned the Inspire off and back on. WAHOO!! camera came view came back on and everything seems to work perfectly again!
Still not sure what I did to knock the signal out. The gimbal control and all other mechanical functions seemed to work just no video feed from the camera.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've been having the same "No Signal" issue after updating to V01.06.00.40. I can move the gimbal / camera around with the Tx but no video. It also says the aircraft / gimbal / battery needs firmware update. Tried to downgrade to previous versions but the app says the gimbal is disconnected, so I'm guessing that's why it won't upload the firmware.
Tried pretty much everything. I'll check the connectors as a last resort, if it doesn't work I'll buy a new gimbal hoping that will fix it.
turn off everything and then turn back on. I had the same issue and was fixed when i tried this..good luck

Has anyone solved this issue yet, generally speaking? I'm at 1.8 on the bird, and 1.6 on the controller. Seem to be having a similar symptom set. Losing video randomly, getting weak signal error messages on the controller. Flies fine. Seems like it *did* start after the previous firmware upgrade (not this one). I thought I'd isolated it to my x5, but my x3 did it near the end of the flight just this afternoon. I;m ready to throw things. I need this bird for work. Argh. BTW, off topic, it's nice to e able to reach out to some fellow enthusiasts, with at least guidance toward answers. As Clooney mentioned in "oh Brother," I live in a geographical oddity....2 weeks from everywhere.

I really wouldn't worry about trying to downgrade the firmware as mentioned by kcobello, I would do as I said and re attempt the firmware update with the controller disconnected, you will be surprised. I have fixed many Inspire 1's with the same issue that way.

I have this issue with my new inspire, I made the mistake of upgrading the RC first, now I have no video and the inspire won't complete the update and keeps Failing, my dealer said the camera is the last part to update so that's why I have no video, when I look in the about section it does say the cam is the previous version, I've tried everything I've now opened a case and it is boxed up ready to be returned to my dealer, but I can't help wanting to try and sort it last minute but like I've said I've tried everything, tried going back to previous software on inspire different sd cards tried Mac and PC etc etc.. I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips