Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No signal/weak signal after latest FW

Reaction score
Flying the Inspire Pro and every since the most recent FW, I keep getting No Signal or Weak Signal notifications during flight...I have been easily over a mile before and not I can fly for 5 minutes without this issue appearing. After a minute or two it reconnects but most of the time it tries to go into RTH mode.

What should I be checking here?

Same symptoms seen here, after 1.5.80 RC firmware I am getting weak signal much much sooner, even at 150m with line of sight and channels clear of interference. (auto)
The behaviour looks like the RC broadcast DB strength has been reduced by 10-20%

I had the same thing happen yesterday and I thought it was just me... Happened 3 times and only 1/2 mile away. What's up?

Same symptoms seen here, after 1.5.80 RC firmware I am getting weak signal much much sooner, even at 150m with line of sight and channels clear of interference. (auto)
The behaviour looks like the RC broadcast DB strength has been reduced by 10-20%

There is a good likelihood that a reduction in transmitting power could have been introduced In the basic controller hardware, or by way of firmware updating, would be my guess.

Signal strength had been taken for granted as newer models were developed and introduced, however this aspect of a quadcopters capabilities could be reduced at any time, or offered to individuals, or groups via special permitting request, similar to that of the 333 exemption, and to those who accept responsibility by providing credit card information as an alternative.

Many have sought to increase the models standard battery power supply, adapting additional power packs and altering the main battery.
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see additional tradeoffs within such upcoming firmware updates, as such updates may not necessarily be in the best interest of the user, but be more geared to liability concerns of the manufacturer.

While adding an additional source of power supply may provide greater reliability, and quell concerns that the model may fall from the sky as result of recently introduced f/w updates, such additional power may serve to encourage some to then use this power to go where no man has gone before, so to speak, further compromising the LOS mandate requested by the FAA.

I'm of the opinion that signal strength had been maximized of recent to hopefully improve control over the model, particularly under adverse conditions, and not necessarily to push the limits of its flight path.

Again, while all this may or may not be a factor the manufacturer would consider should they decide to diminish the signal strength of the model, and nothing conclusive, it is food for thought. : )

Last edited:
I like mines just the way it is she fine tune. I'm glade I didn't update other than my app sneaking one in. Firmware updates will do me no good at this point. If it's not broke don't fix in. I don't think that's used any more.

Reactions: go fast
I am going to fly it again soon and then downgrade to see if there is any difference in the problem area. I will ask DJI but am pretty sure I will get a scripted BS answer.

I am going to fly it again soon and then downgrade to see if there is any difference in the problem area. I will ask DJI but am pretty sure I will get a scripted BS answer.

You can bet the house on that! :D

If they decide to downgrade the machine because of political pressure, I will request a refund. When I purchased my machine there was never any agreement that they would downgrade my machine as time passes.

Reactions: go fast
If they decide to downgrade the machine because of political pressure, I will request a refund. When I purchased my machine there was never any agreement that they would downgrade my machine as time passes.
Good luck with that one - especially if it is to make equipment's maximum EIRP compliant!

You will. I did today. "You're going to have the send it in for repair." I am going to try a buddy's controller to see if it makes a noticeable difference and go from there.

I'm wondering when I see the red weak signal warning pop up and a new message appears asking if I want to RTH or cancel, should I ignore it or press cancel?
I've been doing both and it still flies normally. I think it would only RTH if I actually physically pressed the "yes' button on that warning making it want to RTH.
By ignoring it, I think it doesn't react. Anyone with thoughts on that?
Also, I'm wondering if the FW update might have set the default video strength to minimum, which I haven
t checked yet.

The answer I got today was to reset the IMU and if that didn't work, rebind the controller and the aircraft.

The answer I got today was to reset the IMU and if that didn't work, rebind the controller and the aircraft.
Haha....whoever you spoke to at DJI deserves to be sacked! Giving that advice for poor signal is beyond stupid.
I hope you told them they have no idea what they are talking about. :mad:
They obviously had page 2 of the script open on that occasion. :rolleyes:

Oh I did. I wanted to copy / paste the conversation here for some comic relief but I closed the window accidentally. I called and then also chatted someone else later in the day. Same answer. I reminded them that they are unrelated items and then they added the "rebind controller to aircraft" as a cherry on top.

The guy I talked to was great. I asked "did you guys change the power output of the controller and / or aircraft" and he said (defensively) "I didn't change anything... The people at corporate do that and they are just bug fixes, no other changes". I asked how he could be so sure "corporate" didn't change any of the gains and he said "because they told me it was just bug fixes" followed by "they never really tell us what they do"

After that I felt like trying to sell him some exclusive once in a lifetime waterfront property at an incredible price if he acted right then and there, but luckily, I am an honest man. I left both the chat and phone call laughing and cursing at the same time.

Reactions: slim.slamma
For those of you experiencing video signal problems, please check under your HD menu option that auto is selected in the channel mode. This should extend your video.
Also there seems to be another firmware upgrade. Hope this helps you all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa