Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Telematry or Video pic iPad mini 3 connection

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a uk based broadcast cameraman; I've had my inspire for about 9 months. We fly it along side shooting normal camerawork.

It all worked fine last week. Today on a job we pulled the uav out of the box. Drone started ok. Connected to controller, landing gears came up, camera attached. No connection at all between iPad and controller. Nothing. Controller had green light, and would start the drone with the sticks normally but the app and iPad gave me nothing. Nothing at all! No picture, no Telematry.

I've had bad connections before and disconnected camera and reseated it and it works. This time nothing. Changed device, changed cable, nothing. I'm running an old firmware as I like to make sure the new ones work before flying on jobs. Obviously I'll update firmware but does anyone else have experience of this??

Thanks!

this is just a thought but if you have a pair of other RC try them and see if the problem still occurs. maybe its a faulty RC. mine get hot when i use them. i got myself finally separate 5.8ghz antennas hoping the connector will fit so i can separate the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz within the Controller...

i would go back to my shop and ask for a pair of other remotes to see if the same problem happens. if yes then its the bird... lightbridge or another module... if you still have warranty on it have it reolaced or sent in with a replacement for the time (you would have to talk to your shop if they would do that).
cheers and hole i could help ignite some thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there. It's always hard problem solving on shoots when everyone's waiting to film.

I tried to make the second controller master but it didn't connect either but interestingly it did connect as the slave and payload operator. Strange!

Hi there. It's always hard problem solving on shoots when everyone's waiting to film.

I tried to make the second controller master but it didn't connect either but interestingly it did connect as the slave and payload operator. Strange!

yes its tough on set and during work in the field. i would talk to my shop. for that reason and in case i crash or anything else happens to unit no 1 i have bought myself a backup. try talking to service, they might have an idea what could be a factor. The Editor could also shimm in and have a look and ask some questions as he is really into it and knows a lot more that me.

cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84