Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Video Signal after Firmware Update

Reaction score
Website
www.caseyimaging.com
I have no video signal on either RC controllers after I did the firmware update. The .txt files all said the update was successful, and the aircraft itself , gimbal seems fine, but I have no picture on either of my controllers iPads, and the message at the top of the screen always says "No Signal" in red. The camera controls also don't work, ie. shutter release, photo/video switch etc. but I can control the gimbal both with the iPad screen (blue circle with finger movement) and the second controller's sticks.

I did a little (and pretty badly shot) video of what it does and does not do :-

Any ideas / assistance would be appreciated. I have sent it all over to DJI and to the Australian dealer I bought it from but thought it might help posting it here as well.

Cheers,
John

I had this issue when I updated my RC to v.17. Ended up reloading the app on my iPad and everything came back.

I have no video signal on either RC controllers after I did the firmware update. The .txt files all said the update was successful, and the aircraft itself , gimbal seems fine, but I have no picture on either of my controllers iPads, and the message at the top of the screen always says "No Signal" in red. The camera controls also don't work, ie. shutter release, photo/video switch etc. but I can control the gimbal both with the iPad screen (blue circle with finger movement) and the second controller's sticks.

Any ideas / assistance would be appreciated. I have sent it all over to DJI and to the Australian dealer I bought it from but thought it might help posting it here as well.

Cheers,
John

You need to update the firmware on the controllers.

Just a clarification and to repeat, I had this exact issue, same screen, same ability to move the camera gimbal and nothing else, with v.17, not v1.2.1.0. Both the ship and the RC had been updated and were working fine. The issue came about when I was trying to link up my second controller. Through careful application of obviously flawed techniques, I was able to get both controllers to lose video and after repeated tries at reinstalling firmware and relinking the RC to the mother ship, in desperation, I reinstalled the DJI Pilot app on my tablet and after rebooting same, voila, I had video again. Not saying this will fix the above issue, there seems to be one or two little issues that can break down the control structure to the Inspire, but in this instance, the issue was resolved and it was the tablet creating it and not the Inspire. I haven't figured out why anything changed on the tablet as it was not involved during the initial phases of my adventures, apart from just being turned on and monitoring my "progress", but it does appear to be another place to look, when all else fails.

Not Sure if this helps but worth a try[emoji6]! This would apply to IPad users and may help others familiar with REBOOTS..

Uninstall the Pilot App from Tablet, Phone, or iPad.. Clear cache and history and then do a fresh Reboot.. Again not familiar with Tablets but iOS, SORRY! Apple devices simply clear cache and History.. Go to SETTINGS, scroll down to SAFARI, and CLICK CLEAR HISTORY AND WEBSITE DATA!!! To do an initial REBOOT, PRESS AND HOLD DOWN THE "HOME BUTTON AND POWER BUTTON" at the same time.. You will initially see the apple logo on screen twice while "continue holding" until shuts down completely! Waite a few minutes, and press and hold power button on, fires the apple logo back on.. Once everything loads and have data, now reload the App from the App Store.. DISCLAIMER: this has worked on my iPad that I had entirely too much bookmarks, website data, and allot of data traffic. Not responsible for any loss of bookmarks and website data, this is just a FRESH REBOOT, not REINSTALLMENT.. REINSTALLMENT of the APP is my only recommendation without conflicts or other bugs..

Another tip is to always allow the app to trust the computer when it asks lol.. This is a pop up I occasionally get when plugging the remote cable to the iPad.. May pop up several times but ALLOW!! This may have been mentioned before, but I randomly do reboots because of surfing the net causes lots of cookies and confusion... GOOD LUCK, hope this helps someone out[emoji6]!!

I have the same issue since updating, some time I will have video for a few seconds a few times for a few minutes sometime nothing at all, other than missing video up-link I have all the camera controls and gumball controls. Please le me know if you figure something up before I even try contacting DJI.
Thanks.

I have had the same issue bird flies perfectly but I have no video feed from bird. Controller update perfectly but I can get the bird to take the firmware update. I've follow dji instructions to the "t" with absolutely no success with the update. I get a "aircraft update error" in the app. Has anyone been able to get resolve?

I have the same issue since updating, some time I will have video for a few seconds a few times for a few minutes sometime nothing at all, other than missing video up-link I have all the camera controls and gumball controls. Please le me know if you figure something up before I even try contacting DJI.
Thanks.
Did you ever get your video feed back?

Hi, Yes I have my Inspire back in the air. My problem was a faulty camera. The fault co-incided exactly with the software update, and has been confirmed was caused by it. But my fault sounds different to yours in that I did all the firmware updates without any error messages and it has been confirmed that my updates were all done properly and with no errors. My problem came when I switched back on after the firmware update, and I had no video signal feed, which turned out was a fault in the camera itself, caused by the firmware update.But mine has now been rectified and is fine.

Cheers,
John
you can download the old version DJI PILOT 1.0.7 ANDROID at this address
http://olivierarnold.com/dji-pilot.html

Hi, Yes I have my Inspire back in the air. My problem was a faulty camera. The fault co-incided exactly with the software update, and has been confirmed was caused by it. But my fault sounds different to yours in that I did all the firmware updates without any error messages and it has been confirmed that my updates were all done properly and with no errors. My problem came when I switched back on after the firmware update, and I had no video signal feed, which turned out was a fault in the camera itself, caused by the firmware update.But mine has now been rectified and is fine.
How did you get your camera replaced this quick? I think I have the same issue. Did you sent it back to DJI? Thanks.

Did you ever get your video feed back?
No I didnt, Im debating if I should send it back and wait 6 or more weeks. Looks like John Casey got his camera replaced pretty fast. I wonder how he did it.

Had the same problem. Mine was showing that it was in travel mode on the app. took it out of travel mode and everything went back to normal.

I've go the same problem now, with update v1.3.0.00, except not only does it show no signal, the RC doesn't connect to the aircraft. The only options on the RC page are for the gimbal, don't have the option for Master or Slave mode. DJI said to install the app, I knew that wouldn't work as the issue is the same on my iPad and iPhone. I've tried putting the previous version of the firmware on the sd card, but it doesn't roll back. Any one got an idea?

I've go the same problem now, with update v1.3.0.00, except not only does it show no signal, the RC doesn't connect to the aircraft. The only options on the RC page are for the gimbal, don't have the option for Master or Slave mode. DJI said to install the app, I knew that wouldn't work as the issue is the same on my iPad and iPhone. I've tried putting the previous version of the firmware on the sd card, but it doesn't roll back. Any one got an idea?
I had this same problem after installing firmware 1.3.0.00. ended up being the darn apple lightning cable believe it or not. I was using a aftermarket cable (that was new) and I couldn`t connect the RC to the bird and no video at all. After switching to the original apple cable, all`s fixed. Weird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips