Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Noise in X5R footage, ISO 100

We have an in house colorist. We did a test of the same location on all profiles on Thursday, there is no difference. Like x5yo said, you are not utilizing the sliders in post to the fullest. If you use the sliders you will see that all the files you shot can be made to look exactly the same.

Cheers,
J

Hiya
Ok, so i'm away at the mo, but when I get back, I'll upload a sample .dng from a D-log shoot and the same from yesterdays "none" shoot and you can see first hand, would that be ok?

Just to give you some back ground, my day job is using a Canon C300 camera, shooting log, colour correcting/grading and making films. I'm NOT a grading expert, its just I know a bit.

This IS my first foray into RAW however....so total noob. But my X5R camera is not delivering what you guys are saying and that's perplexing me. But if you could look at the two variations side by side you will probably be able to tell me in an instant whats going on.

Just to put it another way, and to clarify. When you guys film 4K Raw on the X5R, you are all saying it doesn't matter what colour profile you select, be it D-log, Cinelight, None, black and white, Art, Vivid etc.....when you open that .dng sequence in Cinelight, each version will look exactly the same? Thats what you are saying right?

Because when I open up the different colour style shoots in my Cinelight, they look very different.

Is there a setting in Cinelight that maybe i'm missing? I mean I don't seem to get an obvious choice, I just open up Cinelight and then the different takes load up..........

Thanks for your time on this! Love getting to the bottom of a mystery!

Each version can look exactly the same when you use the sliders. It is all the same data that is the part that seems to be puzzling. All RAW its all the same. So if the profile you applied looks different use your sliders and you can make everyone of those profiles look identical. Best of luck sir.
Cheers,
J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido