Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Non Commercial Flying in Germany

Reaction score
Could any one advise me on the legal situation flying in Germany please? Purely as a non commercial tourist.

Non-Commercial Basics:

- 100 m max Altitude
- Line of Sight
- Only from Sunrise to Sunset
- Not over "crowded" Areas (Festivals, Demonstrations etc.)
- Not over housing areas (Privacy)
- Keep away from Airports like provided in NoFlyZones of DJI Go.

Looking for a special Spot to fly in Germany?

Hi,

Aircraft must be below 5KG, around Airports & Helipads you have a 1.5KM NFZ, outside of the 1.5KM radius around an Airport BUT within a control zone you have a max altitude of 30 meters.

Powerplants, Hospitals, Military sites or areas & Prisons must be avoided, also disaster zones (we have a few in south germany at the moment due to thunder storms) and of course crowded places.

For private pilots, the maximum altitude is 762 meters (here ends the non-controlled airspace) BUT practically the maximum altitude is limited by the viewing distance (LOS).

Chris

Non-Commercial Basics:

- 100 m max Altitude
- Line of Sight
- Only from Sunrise to Sunset
- Not over "crowded" Areas (Festivals, Demonstrations etc.)
- Not over housing areas (Privacy)
- Keep away from Airports like provided in NoFlyZones of DJI Go.

Looking for a special Spot to fly in Germany?

100M applies to the simple "Aufstiegsgenehmigung" (license) for commercial flights.

Chris

Chris is right.
As i´m near Frankfurt/Airport and always fly commercial, i was never refering to the private rules. :)

Thankyou everyone. I do have PFAW but realise it wont cover me in Germany and just want to make a couple of films for my own pleasure, when we visit friends soon. Im hoping this will be within the realms of possibility :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide