Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Non-PRO X5 flyers BEWARE!

My v1 craft shows the same thing with the X5.
50% battery after 3.5 minutes of flight? Something not right there?
Full IMU calibration can take 10-12 mins but I would expect the battery to still be sitting at somewhere above 95% at that point.

Totally agree. Though I preflighted with the battery in the 80s but even from the 80s to 50% after 3.5 minutes is off with a TB48. However if every time I ask for performance from the aircraft it tanks the cells I can see it accelerating the discharge.
You absolutely sure that's a good pack?

Absolutely! That's why I fired it up immediately after. It shows the cells, number of uses, and percentage. For the record neither of my aircraft were downgraded with the latest screw ware. I think we now know why the latest firmware pulled all the power it did. Unfortunately the firmware is the same for the aircraft between all the versions. Only the camera firmware is different. When I check the about section on my controller my PRO shows the regular firmware number for the aircraft. So they yank the power out so you don't have version 1s with X5s falling from the sky as they really aren't capable of carrying the X5 but at the same time they just pulled the power away from those who paid extra to have an aircraft that produces it. Gotta love this company.
have you done a full cycle? bringdown to bellow 5% and recharge?

I have the same issue with a 148 in a Inspire1 with a X3 that's crashed twice plus a take off on its own and rapid discharge twice and DJI won't do a dam thing about the battery. I just use the battery inside use, no flying. DJI wanted me to ship it back to them, not to where I bought it for replacement.

I don't think changing the motors is going to make much of a difference unless they are somehow more efficient. Power is power. Motors that require more power are going to tax the battery even more.

I don't know much. Does it matter if it's sitting in the red? I flew my inspire with the x5 for the first time this past weekend, and it was always low voltage. It was very cold -9.4 Fahrenheit - but I was watching the battery temp.

Nothing bad happened - but it was always in yellow if I was moving, green while hovering, and red when braking or doing extreme maneuvers.

Absolutely! When necessary all my batteries are cycled. I have a SmartPowerCharger that makes taking meticulous care of my batteries a breeze.

Careful,

Many of us own a SmartPowerCharger - inspire in my case.

Battery calibration , as opposed to just a cycle is what I believe he meant.

Tommybear- who has business interests in this company confirms that the SmartPowerCharger (Matrice as well as Inspire) will cycle your battery , NOT condition them.

You must condition them first and there are a few ways to do this. It amounts to doing first : 'full' charge with - preferably - a DJI charger ; not the SmartPowerCharger.

Secondly; you now must discharge your battery until the battery turns off by itself , perhaps in craft hovering slightly but search methods.

Thirdly; the discharge must be done in one session all at once. Otherwise , repeat entire process.

I'm sorry to say that my experience with this product has been less than average.

Designer said that it is FW upgrade ready.

1) DJI chargers completely charge batteries to 100% - check GoApp

2) SmartPowerCharger will not charge to 100 % - will shut off bats with more potential charge left.
DJI chargers will continue to charge same battery for another 10 or so minutes.

3) SPC will cycle , but will not condition batteries. This is misleading marketing.

Do a search on RCGroups in the inspire1 owners thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: John Archer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin