Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not getting video

dec

Reaction score
Looking for an assist. About the time I started getting more into the camera explore mode (vs initial flight capabilities) I have turned off the video capture on the SSD (480gb). Everything writes fine on the SD card, but I just get tons of pngs on the SSD. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had video (mp4) on the SSD the first couple flights. I called DJI (yeah, I know) and the rep said oh, it has to be in .MOV mode . . . so of course I tried and no change . . just lots of folders with lots of pngs still.

So 1) pls confirm it will record mp4 (.264/265) on the SSD 2) please tell me what mode your video settings are in [ or screen shot ].

Thx in advance ~

Looking for an assist. About the time I started getting more into the camera explore mode (vs initial flight capabilities) I have turned off the video capture on the SSD (480gb). Everything writes fine on the SD card, but I just get tons of pngs on the SSD. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had video (mp4) on the SSD the first couple flights. I called DJI (yeah, I know) and the rep said oh, it has to be in .MOV mode . . . so of course I tried and no change . . just lots of folders with lots of pngs still.

So 1) pls confirm it will record mp4 (.264/265) on the SSD 2) please tell me what mode your video settings are in [ or screen shot ].

Thx in advance ~
Make sure you do not have burst mode selected to deliver PNGs to the SSD. It is in the Go app under the Video and Photo settings. Select the Photo menu. Then Photo has 5 selections: Single Shot, Multiple, AEB, Timed Shot, RAW Burst. I think you may have RAW Burst accidentally selected. The photos are captured very fast and only upload to the SSD when you think you may have only taken one photo you have collected many!

H264/H265 only record on the sd card. If you tap on the top of the screen where the sd/ssd card is it will open the menu giving you choices of what will record where.

Make sure you do not have burst mode selected to deliver PNGs to the SSD. It is in the Go app under the Video and Photo settings. Select the Photo menu. Then Photo has 5 selections: Single Shot, Multiple, AEB, Timed Shot, RAW Burst. I think you may have RAW Burst accidentally selected. The photos are captured very fast and only upload to the SSD when you think you may have only taken one photo you have collected many!
Thx, I confirmed it wasn't in burst mode. I shot singles and AEBs often so I kinda thought that wasn't it.

H264/H265 only record on the sd card. If you tap on the top of the screen where the sd/ssd card is it will open the menu giving you choices of what will record where.
Thx . . . I have it in the H.264 mode . . . are you saying it wont put anything (but dngs) on SSD if in H264 mode? if thats the case . . . then thats my culprit. I believe I was testing the H265 out (didnt see anything good about it) when this started, so maybe thats where I need to focus a bit more !!

Last edited:
Hi Dec,

This may be video. PNG is not an option so I am thinking you mean DNG. DNG on your SSD would only be Photos shot in Burst mode or DNG (RAW) video. DNG video clips will contain a multitude of individual DNG files.

Hi Dec,

This may be video. PNG is not an option so I am thinking you mean DNG. DNG on your SSD would only be Photos shot in Burst mode or DNG (RAW) video. DNG video clips will contain a multitude of individual DNG files.
Thanks for clearing up my 'faux pas' ...

If its not to much to ask . . . can someone take a couple screen shots (of them filming video) of the settings on the SSD in the settings (.H264 or .H265). Starting at top w/ FPS down through size . . . any setup that works, pls just send. I think I've got an issue, but until I know which combination SHOULD work I can't verify. I've tried every combination of size, no record, color, PRORES, etc....and all I get is the DNGs. (BTW, thx Feet Up for correction on DNG vs PNGs !) There maybe a video out there, but you VLOG types that know all the various choices, that would be a great VLOG to get out . . . could produce a lot of views for someone to take the time and explain the various options.

Thx in advance ~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa