Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not maintaining altitude

Reaction score
School boy error today. Didn't double check propellors. One flew off at about four feet up. Inspire Pro now unstable in air. Wobbles and drops altitude. What have I probably done and is there anything I can do to fix it apart from send it back for repair?

School boy error today. Didn't double check propellors. One flew off at about four feet up. Inspire Pro now unstable in air. Wobbles and drops altitude. What have I probably done and is there anything I can do to fix it apart from send it back for repair?
Aside from checking and double checking your entire airframe, look for cracks (hairline or otherwise) and for excessive play in the T-Joints on the arms. If you are experiencing wobble I would say you have play somewhere so may have damaged the arm joint (or both)
Do a full IMU calibration on a cold machine and give that a try. In fact, you should always do an IMU calibration following any sort of sharp physical shock to the aircraft.

Thanks for such a fast and full response. Too late here in the U.K. to have a test flight till tomorrow. All the best.

Check the inner area where the arms meet and pivot, the knuckles there can brake, also the transforming mech can bend as well.

Give is a forensic inspection then go from there.

Thanks for the advice. IMU reset and a change of damaged prop looks to have fixed that fault. Lesson learnt on double checking the props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions