Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Not maintaining altitude

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by John R T, Oct 7, 2016.

1. John R T

School boy error today. Didn't double check propellors. One flew off at about four feet up. Inspire Pro now unstable in air. Wobbles and drops altitude. What have I probably done and is there anything I can do to fix it apart from send it back for repair?

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Aside from checking and double checking your entire airframe, look for cracks (hairline or otherwise) and for excessive play in the T-Joints on the arms. If you are experiencing wobble I would say you have play somewhere so may have damaged the arm joint (or both)
    Do a full IMU calibration on a cold machine and give that a try. In fact, you should always do an IMU calibration following any sort of sharp physical shock to the aircraft.

3. John R T

Thanks for such a fast and full response. Too late here in the U.K. to have a test flight till tomorrow. All the best.

4. Mad_angler1

Check the inner area where the arms meet and pivot, the knuckles there can brake, also the transforming mech can bend as well.

Give is a forensic inspection then go from there.

5. John R T

Good tips. Will do. Thanks for that.

6. John R T

Thanks for the advice. IMU reset and a change of damaged prop looks to have fixed that fault. Lesson learnt on double checking the props.