Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

not real sure what i did

Reaction score
the weather here is not good for flying ..cold ..horizontal snow but today for about 2 hrs temp was not too negative
and it was sunny ,thought i would try my first flight.
Did my compass cal.went ok took off and left it for a hover but it drifted to the right ,tried to compensate and I compensated into a shrub about 6 foot high ,flipped the inspire broke 2 props bit of snow in the cockpit
other than that all is ok.
It happened so fast I really don't know what happened but I might have been my reaction when it drifted.
My phantom 2 does not drift like that unless its sitting in some strange selection
I am thank full its only props and my pride.
Now to find who has props

reading here about problems I am starting to wonder if the inspire still has some firware problems
I have been flying phantoms since they are out and I flew the inspire into a shrub and I cannot figure what happened
doesn't anyone think that s strange

Do you have the most recent firmware installed? I'm sure you've read about various problems with previous firmware versions.

Not everyone has had issue with the firmware. I'm one of those people. No affiliation with DJI, but keep your spirits up about the platform - I think it has a tremendous future ahead of it.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
the weather here is not good for flying ..cold ..horizontal snow but today for about 2 hrs temp was not too negative
and it was sunny ,thought i would try my first flight.
Did my compass cal.went ok took off and left it for a hover but it drifted to the right ,tried to compensate and I compensated into a shrub about 6 foot high ,flipped the inspire broke 2 props bit of snow in the cockpit
other than that all is ok.
It happened so fast I really don't know what happened but I might have been my reaction when it drifted.
My phantom 2 does not drift like that unless its sitting in some strange selection
I am thank full its only props and my pride.
Now to find who has props
Hey wood man..
interesting handle..
amazon has some stock props ..about 45.00 usd for a set..
as for your accident maybe you just had a touch of bad luck..
sometimes things just don't load right and when restarted the issue corrects itself. .like my Toshiba laptop. .the inspire is a flying computer with a camera. .
Also the compass can cause abnormal flight carateristics if not calibrated correctly. .
make sure you read the manual and follow the instructions. .
there seems to be different opinions on how to calibrate it as far as which direction to spin. .make sure you do the dance smoothly throughout the whole process. .
besides that get back on the horse and ride..
happy flying
turbo. .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo