Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Octofilms DJI Inspire 1 Leaked Video

Are you planning on purchasing the new DJI Inspire 1?

• Unconditionally Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Nope

• Only if Priced Below $2000

• Only if Priced Below $3000

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Depends on Camera Specs

• Undecided

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could only find it in 720p so hard to judge quality before production run video relaesed. Noticed the horizon wasn't level in some of the ocean shots. Time will tell...

$3k is my max no matter how good the camera is. That said, I think a lot of the naysayyers are going to be changing their tune is this has a good, solid 4k camera. I don't care how ugly it is, I care how good the camera is and how solid the controls are (GPS, etc).

I don't think I'll really want to deal with shooting 4k, I've got the monitor and computer for it though.

If it's under $3k there's a 95% chance I'll order right away, but I'll order through Amazon so I've got a guaranteed 30 day return window if it's crap. Or I call up the local dealer and they have stock I can pickup same day... (not claiming I'm entirely rational here.

$3k is my max no matter how good the camera is. That said, I think a lot of the naysayyers are going to be changing their tune is this has a good, solid 4k camera. I don't care how ugly it is, I care how good the camera is and how solid the controls are (GPS, etc).

I don't think I'll really want to deal with shooting 4k, I've got the monitor and computer for it though.

If it's under $3k there's a 95% chance I'll order right away, but I'll order through Amazon so I've got a guaranteed 30 day return window if it's crap. Or I call up the local dealer and they have stock I can pickup same day... (not claiming I'm entirely rational here.

Agree and hoping for a price point close to $2k. 120fps at 1080p would work for me.

Reactions: ctp
2k for 4k vid?

The video has to be better than GoPro 4 black for me to consider and portable as the phantom 2 series.
I like with the PV2 + GoPro that you can detach the camera and use it for another purpose. you can easily sell and upgrade also. With the integrated camera and gimbal, the camera is locked only for aerial. I hope the legs are foldable for transportation as the phantom is a nice size for airline overhead compartments.

From the leaked footage:
Advantages seems to be the Dual Lightbridge system and V formation for 360 camera.
It looks very light so hoping for 30 min flight times.
it does looks feather weight as it flies really unstable.

The size of the craft is an issue for me. The attached screen shot from the Octo video shows just how big it really is. I like the capability but I don't think I will give up the portability of the Phantom. I think I will cancel my order with B&H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 17
It's big and much heavier than a Phantom. I picked it up to take a photo of the underbelly sensors...it will go in a case but not a carry-on....and it's not going to fit in a backpack.

Nei jeg har hatt 4K kamera for en stund, og filming i 1080p er helt uakseptabelt for meg. Jeg ser på 1080P opptak i dag, er det grumsete forhold.:)

Nei jeg har hatt 4K kamera for en stund, og filming i 1080p er helt uakseptabelt for meg. Jeg ser på 1080P opptak i dag, er det grumsete forhold.:)
"No I have had 4K camera for a while, and filming in 1080p is totally unacceptable for me. I watch 1080P recording today, it's muddy conditions."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth