Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Off Grid Re Charging Batteries

Reaction score
Off on a bit of a remote shoot that involves a protracted stay/shoot on location.

Anyone have a reliable solution to charging batteries/laptops/tablets etc when off grid?

Invertor/Generator/Solar(ha),Exercise Bike(Ha,ha)

Serious what have guys used/use? Pros cons

Thanks in advance

Generator is the only real option for batteries like this, obvious cons are weight size and noise, pros are, just like charging at home... ;)

I have a separate car battery that is dedicated just for charging my P3A and the I1 batteries. I have 10 i1 batteries and my stand alone car battery can charge 5 to 6 of them before my inverter beeps to notify me that the battery has been drained. After this winter Im going to get another stand alone battery, which will be a good solution for charging all of them if I were to need it. I also have a 15 watt solar panel on top of my SUV that "trickle" charges the stand alone car battery when not in use. This is, however only trickle charging, only to keep the battery topped off. If you do the math I would need 10 FULL days of sunlight to charge a dead car battery with a 15 watt solar charger. I usually use my battery charger at home to recharge the stand alone battery.

I guess it really depends on "where" you are going, go somewhere cold, and generator really is the only option... ;) Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela