Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

OH DEAR GOD!

Somebodies spent a good deal of money to develop that. However, the range would appear to me to be quite limited, perhaps 100m and not likely more than 250m with the probability of success being pretty low unless very close and the drone is either not moving or moving slowly in a constant direction and speed.

The parachute idea is nice, but again, I think it will be useless against most actual threats. Far more likely to stop a drone is the RF comm disrupter that was mentioned a while back. But, if someone with the technical know how wanted they could modify the control programming to fly fully autonomously and ignore all comm signals or jamming. Launch it with waypoints and have it fly at 30-40mph to its target.

Of course, for high valued targets you would expect GPS jammers but there are work around's if you have an IMU.

Brian

Reactions: Black Sky
Clearly aimed at stopping drones in high risk places like airports and military facilities. I bet that thing is $10k+, not something your average wuffo* is going to have.

*"wuffo" = "wuffo you spyin' on me?"

And for all its rangefinding cleverness it has nothing to calculate the effect of the wind, with the relatively slow projectile I suspect in a moderate wind these will be virtually impossible to use successfully.

Portable system?You have to be a bodybuilder to use it as far as I can see.Also can you imagine stopping your car and unload this ********?Wonder what will happen when you use this and people see you coming with this.My guess is that any police officer will shot you down.
But it is nice that idiots are coming up with these stupid things.Makes me feel I'm Einstein.There are a lot of *****les left on this world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa