Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

old firmware with new go app ..usb port disconnected

Reaction score
Hey guys..
out of curiosity I installed the new go app on my ladies Samsung s5 and tried to connect it to my i1..
it wouldn't connect and I couldn't get it to camera view...
so I tried reconnecting my shield tablet and now the usb port is dead..
my shield says usb debugging not connected. .
I also tried another s5 with the same results. ..
so far the best advice I've received has been from the aviator. .he recommended using one of his reset patches which ill try later..
I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so how did they correct it??
Thanks to the pilots who have tried to help out !!
Turb. ..

Hey guys..
out of curiosity I installed the new go app on my ladies Samsung s5 and tried to connect it to my i1..
it wouldn't connect and I couldn't get it to camera view...
so I tried reconnecting my shield tablet and now the usb port is dead..
my shield says usb debugging not connected. .
I also tried another s5 with the same results. ..
so far the best advice I've received has been from the aviator. .he recommended using one of his reset patches which ill try later..
I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so how did they correct it??
Thanks to the pilots who have tried to help out !!
Turb. ..
Hey Turbo, This has happen to me twice with customers and there devices. The fix was to re install the go app on all devices and start over. I know that sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Time consuming but it worked. Give it a try if all else fails.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey Turbo, This has happen to me twice with customers and there devices. The fix was to re install the go app on all devices and start over. I know that sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Time consuming but it worked. Give it a try if all else fails.[/QUO
thank you /QUOTE]
Thank you BlueBird. .
we're your customers on the matching firmware with th e go app or were they on old firmware?

Yes they both had old firmware. The latest Go app is fading out the older firmware support I believe. Now with the new Updates coming tomorrow, That could all change again. Bla!
I tried deleting the go app and reinstalling it ,but with no luck..
I couldn't get it to camera view...
I'm going g to try and reset the rc using the aviators patch later today..
I was just curious and wanted to see if I could use the go app with the firmware I'm running. .
apparently something in the app has disabled the usb port..
if the patch doesn't work then I'll try the new firmware tomorrow although I would prefer at this time to keep what I'm using...

Reactions: Blue Bird
Yes they both had old firmware. The latest Go app is fading out the older firmware support I believe. Now with the new Updates coming tomorrow, That could all change again. Bla!
I tried deleting the go app and reinstalling it ,but with no luck..
I couldn't get it to camera view...
I'm going g to try and reset the rc using the aviators patch later today..
I was just curious and wanted to see if I could use the go app with the firmware I'm running. .
apparently something in the app has disabled the usb port..
if the patch doesn't work then I'll try the new firmware tomorrow although I would prefer at this time to keep what I'm using...
Understood! You want to be careful. Agreed, I do the same thing.
Thanks again BlueBird. ..
I'll post after I figure it out..
I might try and install the go app on my other s5 because my shield has the 1.0.7 and it works very well..
well it did until firmware 1.0.2.17 lol...

Reactions: Blue Bird
I'm running Firmware 1.0.2.17 and the latest DJI go app and everything works great.Had no problem at all except that the app never crashed wich I had with App 1.0.10.
I'm running firmware 1.0.2.17 because the latest firmware has slowed down the Inspire to much.

I'm running Firmware 1.0.2.17 and the latest DJI go app and everything works great.Had no problem at all except that the app never crashed wich I had with App 1.0.10.
I'm running firmware 1.0.2.17 because the latest firmware has slowed down the Inspire to much.
Hey huppe, Are you ready for the new Firmware Update?

Hey huppe, Are you ready for the new Firmware Update?
As always I wait with updating.I download everything and store this on a SD card.Wait some days and see what kind of reactions there are.Because I'm running Android I don't have to connect to the internet to do my updates.So my tablet has been connected once and that's it.For as far as I know there has never been an update without problems,so I'll wait.Rather have an Inspire that works well.

As always I wait with updating.I download everything and store this on a SD card.Wait some days and see what kind of reactions there are.Because I'm running Android I don't have to connect to the internet to do my updates.So my tablet has been connected once and that's it.For as far as I know there has never been an update without problems,so I'll wait.Rather have an Inspire that works well.
Same here. I have three birds so I will only expose the update to one and see what the results will be. Wish me luck!! Lol!!

Same here. I have three birds so I will only expose the update to one and see what the results will be. Wish me luck!! Lol!!
MMM I have 1 and that's why I'm carefull with all these updates.Very happy I have all the old apps and firmware stored,I would have been grounded more than once.But when I have another Inspire I would take that one to test even more.Would really like to know how old apps works with the latest firmware.Or is it possible to downgrade to any old firmware.I like to test things out.
Good luck with your upgrade.;)

MMM I have 1 and that's why I'm carefull with all these updates.Very happy I have all the old apps and firmware stored,I would have been grounded more than once.But when I have another Inspire I would take that one to test even more.Would really like to know how old apps works with the latest firmware.Or is it possible to downgrade to any old firmware.I like to test things out.
Good luck with your upgrade.;)
Absolutely, If all go's well with flight and testing, You know I will post about it.

Tried deleting the go app and reinstalling it with no luck..
then I tried to install previous firmware in the rc to create a text file with no luck..
then I tried the aviators reset patch with no luck..
seems like the port is not working. .
when I plug my shield into the rc it says the usb debugging not connected. ..
the only thing I did out of the ordinary was try to connect my ladies s5 with the go app and ever since I can connect the rc to the ac but get a disconnected on the status bar. .
any more suggestions would be appreciated. .
turb..

Tried deleting the go app and reinstalling it with no luck..
then I tried to install previous firmware in the rc to create a text file with no luck..
then I tried the aviators reset patch with no luck..
seems like the port is not working. .
when I plug my shield into the rc it says the usb debugging not connected. ..
the only thing I did out of the ordinary was try to connect my ladies s5 with the go app and ever since I can connect the rc to the ac but get a disconnected on the status bar. .
any more suggestions would be appreciated. .
turb..

Had that issue with the iPad mini2.. App worked fine until I updated to 8.4! My fix was and only realized it has something to do with switching in and out of iPads and iPhone. Personally I think it has something to do with the Network settings. Two of my iPads DO NOT HAVE internet unless I turn on the WiFi and use my phone as a Hotspot. Didn't and still don't have a really good fix on it yet, but I'm quite sure it is related somehow. What I have done was go into settings providing nothing is in stone or is necessary (privacy, etc, etc.)

1) Initially did a Hard Reboot, and then Shut it down. Now connect USB with the "RC POWER OFF".. Turn on the RC and leave the RECOGNIZE! This worked several times, but beginning to think its a UI problem with iOS.

2) General Settings ( Not familiar with SETTINGS on other TABLETS) scroll to RESET/RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.. 1st attempt worked, but then has since failed..

3) This usually does the trick often, but again, beings I interchange my iOS devices I'm thinking it's the iOS firmwares. There is an UNSPECIFIED REASON I interchange but will not get into this as this is not relevant to this occurring problems with iOS Cords not being recognized. Ongoing problems with cords has been problems as of late and all Authorized and licensed apple cords, GO FIGURE!

a.) Picture added if something looks familiar.. Again not sure of your general settings on your tablet.

b.) General Settings/Reset/Reset all Settings

Make sure this DOES NOT ERASE ALL CONTENT/DATA/SETTINGS. Meaning it very well may delete and do a complete reboot like NEW. Have done that awhile back and regretted it. I'm savvy with iOS devices but not sure why I did that knowing I did not do any backups via iCloud or iTunes.

Sorry for the long (just a quick response) note, but will rework this later for clarification as to "why" you leave the TABLET OFF while turning on the remote for recognition.. Then there is another REBOOT with the remote left on whilst rebooting, more on that later.. Good Luck and hopefully there is RESOLVE. I'm leaning towards problematic UI/IEM issues and the possibility of a corrupted iOS.. I'm Jailbroken on several platforms lol[emoji6]!!

Good Luck Turbo..

Ok guys. .
looks like by tryingto connect the go app to my inspire on old firmware caused my rc to fail..
I just got an invoice from dji for 140 bucks for the repair..
my rc is modified so I guess they aren't going to fix it under warranty. .
nowhere in the paper work does it mention anything about the repair or warranty. .just a bill...
not too happy with this outcome because I'm positive the go app caused this problem. ..

Last edited:
View attachment 3736 Ok guys. .
looks like by tryingto connect the go app to my inspire on old firmware caused my rc to fail..
nowhere in the paper work does it mention anything about the repair or warranty. .just a bill...
not too happy with this outcome because I'm positive the go app caused this problem. ..
This sucks:mad::mad:

Ok guys. .
When you say old firmware ,which version. I updated my bird to 1.3 and then tried to update the RC, using USB stick and then the Go app. and it caused my RC to brick, if that's the right terminology. When I contacted DJI support they told me to uninstall Go app and reinstall as there was a problem with the app. Did this twice and still had a bricked RC, which is now with DJI and has been for 3 weeks. Tried everything you have tried.Me not happy either.

I was on 1.2.1.06 ..
I guess the term brick is appropriate ..cause that's what a rc is that doesn't work...
When you say old firmware ,which version. I updated my bird to 1.3 and then tried to update the RC, using USB stick and then the Go app. and it caused my RC to brick, if that's the right terminology. When I contacted DJI support they told me to uninstall Go app and reinstall as there was a problem with the app. Did this twice and still had a bricked RC, which is now with DJI and has been for 3 weeks. Tried everything you have tried.Me not happy either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg