Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Old" X3 camera gimbal - have they stop manufacturing it

Reaction score
On the DJI webshop i can not find the older X3 camera gimbal, i only see the new one which costs a whopping 1114 USD (999 EUR).

So does anybody know if they have stop manufacturing the older X3 camera gimbal? If that is the case one will have to pay 1114 USD to get the camera gimbal for the Inspire 1. Personally i rather pay 599 USD or whatever it costs and get the older model, thats enough for me. I think that choice should be available or that the new X3 should cost more like the older X3, since if i remember it correct the older X3 didn't cost near that much when it was just released. Sure i understand that the new X3 is better so it could cost a bit more, but the price difference is pretty big and no choice to buy the old one anymore if thats the case?

Also the new OSMO Mobile doesn't seem to be available to buy only the gimbal part, one needs to buy the handle as well, and i guess its the same handle as for the regular OSMO? But maybe they start to sell the gimbal part later?

Last edited:
On the DJI webshop i can not find the older X3 camera gimbal, i only see the new one which costs a whopping 1114 USD (999 EUR).

So does anybody know if they have stop manufacturing the older X3 camera gimbal? If that is the case one will have to pay 1114 USD to get the camera gimbal for the Inspire 1. Personally i rather pay 599 USD or whatever it costs and get the older model, thats enough for me. I think that choice should be available or that the new X3 should cost more like the older X3, since if i remember it correct the older X3 didn't cost near that much when it was just released. Sure i understand that the new X3 is better so it could cost a bit more, but the price difference is pretty big and no choice to buy the old one anymore if thats the case?

Also the new OSMO Mobile doesn't seem to be available to buy only the gimbal part, one needs to buy the handle as well, and i guess its the same handle as for the regular OSMO? But maybe they start to sell the gimbal part later?
Buy Zenmuse X3 Gimbal and Camera

It's also available here in the spare parts section of DJI's website.

Thanks you are absolutely correct. I looked everywhere, or so i thought. It wasn't in the accessories section where the new X3 was, i also chose the Inspire 1 and then chose to view accessories for it, but not there either.
I must say it was not in the most visible place.
But at least i know where to find it now, thanks.

Typical dji subtle confusion machine, the new 'X3' is actually the Z3. From reading posts here recently and elsewhere all dji cameras have bugs/problems at the moment.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Typical dji subtle confusion machine, the new 'X3' is actually the Z3. From reading posts here recently and elsewhere all dji cameras have bugs/problems at the moment.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Yes - DJI should simply admit they cannot make cameras, they just lack the expertise. :)

About the name, you are absolutely correct, the more expensive new one is the Z3, my mistake sorry.
Maybe DJI should let somebody else make their cameras. Like their thermal camera developed by FLIR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin