Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympics drone down...

I speculate this could turn out in favour of multirotors.
With extremely powerful, redundant, tethered (unlimited flight time) and fully programmable multirotors coming to market, cable cams will eventually disappear.

Some folks are so eager to broadly paint sUAS's in a bad light they rush to judgment, fail to research or follow up on reports and quite simply refuses to acknowledge all of mankinds inventions has occasional failures. This tech is still hundreds of times safer than putting a manned aircraft overhead.

Reactions: Ftolino and gruvpix
I speculate this could turn out in favour of multirotors.
With extremely powerful, redundant, tethered (unlimited flight time) and fully programmable multirotors coming to market, cable cams will eventually disappear.

NOPE. cable cams will always be inherently safer, lose power on a cable cam and it stays where is last was. lose power on a drone and it's "Death from the skies" Cable cams are also MUCH quieter

Reactions: The Editor
NOPE. cable cams will always be inherently safer, lose power on a cable cam and it stays where is last was. lose power on a drone and it's "Death from the skies" Cable cams are also MUCH quieter
And way more precise and controllable.
You can do 50mph with one or as delicate as 5 feet per minute!
Try doing the latter with repeatable precision with any mulitrotor on the planet - it just can't be done!

And way more precise and controllable.
You can do 50mph with one or as delicate as 5 feet per minute!
Try doing the latter with repeatable precision with any mulitrotor on the planet - it just can't be done!
Of course all absolutely true. I wasn't saying that drones are better or safer by any means at this moment.

I was talking about the future. Was still wearing my tin foil hat :rolleyes:
But even after I take it off, I know we will see a lot of development in all fields, safety, precision, speed, power, redundancy, noise, size, intelligence.
Who knows what is possible in 10 years from now.

Accidents like this with cable cams (there been more) will get some smart folks thinking about using drone technologies. I'm convinced some serious developments are already being worked on.
It's mostly a matter of time before 'it just can't be done' becomes 'it just couldn't be done'.

I promise I let go of the tin foil. Going to need it for the BBQ anyway.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD