Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympus 45mm Lens Test

Probably abit of a late comer here to this post, but what adapters are you guys using to balance the 45mm?

I have:

37-46 ring + 46m lens hood with holes in (This one - Parasol vented Leica M 46mm lens)

It does balance correctly, but I seem to get alot of jellow when flying from left to right and in general, I've tried being very careful but still seem to get the same jellow shake, do you think this could be extra air resistance from the lens hood?

I have a 46mm variable ND (Polaroid) filter but if I put this on with the hama 37-46mm adapter its too heavy and the lens just drops, could I ask what adapters/rings your guys are using as the shots look great :)

I am still having issues with micro-vibrations with this lens...Still shots are absolutely FANTASTIC. Useless for video (have tried it on multiple X5's).

Reactions: Auraa17
I'm with @creativedogmedia. Used the 45mm for 2 video shoots now on the X5R and both times we get tiny jerks/vibration in the picture, almost like the lens is trying to stabalise itself. Not all the time, but enough to be a headache. Most can be smoothed out in post....but it's a risk. I certainly wouldn't recommend using it for the first time on a job......ummm like we did!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin