Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympus 9-18 Lens help

Reaction score
Thanks to @Florida Drone Supply I have an Olympus 9-18mm lens to try out on my X5s. I am having trouble figuring out how to get it to work properly. I can not find any instructions for use on the I2. It has an unlock feature that when used and the barrel is extended it will hit the ground. When I install it without the barrel extended nothing happens, it will not focus and I see now way to zoom it. If any one can help or give me a link to using this lens on an I2 I would appreciate it. The lens is being shown in the camera profile.

Reactions: CopenhagenFrank
SanCap, same issue here in Copenhagen. I am new to I2 and a zoom (P4 before).

Had the 3rd training flight today and I am lost as well. No instructions anywhere.

However, I did make it focus by using the mode where you switch between exposure and focus in upper right corner.

Control over the zoom functionality was made by hand on the ground (!) but there has to be a control slider of some kind in the app.

It also seems unclear to me how the gimbal should be balanced.

Will go flying again tomorrow and do more trial and errors.

Will call my dealer on Monday to let him explain.

Pardon my English as being my second language.

Hey everyone,
the Olympus 9-18 is a manually zoom, first you have to unlock it and than to zoom it by hand.
Dji has a kit with a counterweight for the gimbal.
You can unmount the rear of the gimbal and than mount the weight to vertical level the gimbal.
Until now i did not find an official way to level it vertically.
I attached a few coins using velcro...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb