Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Olympus 9 - 18mm with X5s

Last edited:
Reactions: pepeticos
You edited your original post to be more specific. Next time ask for what you want the first time.

Now with that said I saw a review and will try to find it again and post it. How's that?

Dkotinsky
I dont have any experience with it but I think there should be a balance ring set for it.
When you get it working please post pictures.
Thanks
Mark
2017-03-20_15-30-50.jpg 2017-03-20_15-30-50.jpg

Dkotinsky
I dont have any experience with it but I think there should be a balance ring set for it.
When you get it working please post pictures.
Thanks
Mark
View attachment 12836 View attachment 12836
I got balance rings. Just at 9mm it seemed very susceptible to started vibrated in mid-air. At 9mm the lens extends the most. Seems like you have to fly more carefully at 9mm. Maybe use tripod mode at the higher speeds at most. I'll test more tommorow.

Here's a shot at 10mm , just under 400ft:DJI_0314.jpg

I got balance rings. Just at 9mm it seemed very susceptible to started vibrated in mid-air. At 9mm the lens extends the most. Seems like you have to fly more carefully at 9mm. Maybe use tripod mode at the higher speeds at most. I'll test more tommorow.

Here's a shot at 10mm , just under 400ft:View attachment 12838

Are you able to change the zoom in flight or do you have to set it on the ground?

FOV is awesome! Also, nice shot of the skyline ;)

Reactions: dkotinsky
here's a 9mm shot. Seems to work better with no balance ring on the front. Since it's extended fully(Lens)

One shot at 9mm other a 18mm

Thanks for the example shots, I was thinking about this lens , but was holding off because of the manual zoom. The range from 9 to 18 is awesome!

Reactions: dkotinsky
great shot. Just checking - is this the Four Thirds lens that needs an adapter to fit the X5s?

I just purchased this lens.

Does anyone have an experience with it I should know? With the lens extending so much at 9mm?
I have just started using mine and love it so far. Balancing it, however, is a challenge. I use the recommended balancing ring but still needed to add weight to the rear as well as the side. If you (or anyone) has an issue with balancing it let me know as I have finally found a perfect solution

I would be interested in a solution. Could you please post pics of your counterweights and maybe the exact weight. Thank you in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont