Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Once my firmware is installed can i erase it from my sd card? Nt

Once I install the firmware on my inspire can I delete the firmware from my SD card thank you for your help
After all the installations are complete (each battery, each remote, each tablet), I create a folder on the SD card named "Installed_YYMMDD", where YYMMDD is the year, month and date I did the installs, and rename the Pilot app and the firmware .bin into the folder. This keeps the old versions around, but they won't be found by the aircraft or remote, and keeps a log of what upgrades I've done.

BTW, I also rename the Pilot app to include the version number even before installing it on the tablet(s). I wish DJI would do so on the website like they do with the FW .bin so they all aren't named the same!

mTp

@MonroePoteet How do you put the Pilot App onto the SD card?
Same way you put the firmware on it, however I'd recommend a folder on your pc for this instead, sd cards are highly susceptible to errors and more likely to lose your data. Mine became unreadable for no reason at all recently and had to format to get it working again. Lost everything on it but fortunately I back them up on my pc regularly so I didn't lose anything important. It's a Samsung pro card, best quality, fastest most expensive one on the market. And I was not expecting this to happen but happen it did.

After all the installations are complete (each battery, each remote, each tablet), I create a folder on the SD card named "Installed_YYMMDD", where YYMMDD is the year, month and date I did the installs, and rename the Pilot app and the firmware .bin into the folder. This keeps the old versions around, but they won't be found by the aircraft or remote, and keeps a log of what upgrades I've done.

BTW, I also rename the Pilot app to include the version number even before installing it on the tablet(s). I wish DJI would do so on the website like they do with the FW .bin so they all aren't named the same!

mTp
How many firmware files do you have? I'm looking for copies of older ones as I wasn't smart enough to save them like you did. :)

If you want to keep a version of the current firmware conveniently at hand, on a computer, I just create a top level folder (cunningly named "firmware") on the microSD card and then put the current firmware file in that.

The autoupdate code in the I1 only looks in the root level of the microSD card for the firmware file. It doesn't look in any subdirectories so it's a convenient place to store it.

True it does take up 39MB, but that's really not that large.
Andy.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
@MonroePoteet How do you put the Pilot App onto the SD card?
I run the Android version of the app, so I download it from the DJI website to my PC and rename it to include the version (I wish DJI would name them well). I then use the SD card to USB adapter provided with the SD card to plug into the PC, which mounts the SD card as a disk. I then drag-n-drop the .bin and the DJI_Pilot.apk files to the SD card, eject the SD card using the USB "Safely Eject Media", and move the SD card to the aircraft / tablet.

mTp

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I only have back to V1.2.1, not the V1.2.0.17 you're looking for.

mTp
im actually looking for all versions between then and current, not really sure how many different ones there are to be honest, right now i only have 1.2.01.00, 1.2.01.03, 1.02.1.06 and 1.3.0.00

im actually looking for all versions between then and current, not really sure how many different ones there are to be honest, right now i only have 1.2.01.00, 1.2.01.03, 1.02.1.06 and 1.3.0.00
I don't have any versions besides these.

mTp

its actually a bad idea if you dont want to risk losing the file as i explain about 2 posts up from his. ;)

If that's the only copy of the firmware file you have, then you're absolutely right Sultan. I made the inference that you'd also keep a copy on the computer that you used to for downloading the file. The point of keeping the current version of the firmware on the card is just for convenience.

Andy.

Reactions: SultanGris
Currently this is the 6th Firmware installation to date. Yes, I saved all of them[emoji6]

Not sure how to share them. I would have to change up the security and properties to share but currently I do not have Dropbox for sharing[emoji20].. Sorry, I do NOT HAVE
(0) WM610_FW_V01.02.00.15.bin

(1) WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16.bin 02_14_15
(2) WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin 03_01_15
(3) WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.bin 04_14_15
(4) WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03.bin 05_08_15
(5) WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin 06_09_15
(6) WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin 08_04_15

Currently this is the 6th Firmware installation to date. Yes, I saved all of them[emoji6]

Not sure how to share them. I would have to change up the security and properties to share but currently I do not have Dropbox for sharing[emoji20].. Sorry, I do NOT HAVE

I'd like to go back to number 3 if that's possible. ..
I felt very confidant how my i1 flew on this firmware. .
seems like they've made a step backwards on the last 3 firmware updates since imo...

Google drive is free and easy to use. Just need a gmail account, also free and easy.

If that's the only copy of the firmware file you have, then you're absolutely right Sultan. I made the inference that you'd also keep a copy on the computer that you used to for downloading the file. The point of keeping the current version of the firmware on the card is just for convenience.

Andy.
That's perfect. Always advisable to keep at least two copies of any file you want to preserve in separate locations in case one fails.

First post.....

I want to delete/format my entire sd card. Are any of the files on the sd card needed for aircraft settings, rc settings, flight logs, etc? All equipment is updated to the most current firmware and videos/pics autoload to my tablet (LGgpad). I also have a copy of the firmware on my pc of course. Thanks in advance! Lovin' the DJI Inspire 1 v2.0!

When an SD card, with the new downloaded/extracted file from DJI is inserted into the camera, for a firmware update, a .txt file is created showing the success or otherwise of the process. This includes any battery updates. While you can delete the files, I personally use an older/smaller card (8GB) for all the updating and create a numbered subdirectory, into which I transfer the *.bin and .txt files for future reference, after a successful update. I only ever fly with a class 10, 64GB SD card, that has nothing on it, but newly created files from the X3 camera. While this is not specifically recommended by DJI, or anyone else, I have never had any of the firmware updating problems that periodically appear on this forum. Also I have copy of the relevant "old" .bin and .txt files, on the ground if anything happens in the air. Good luck and safe flying.

Reactions: CoolMetal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo