Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ongoing battery saga

Reaction score
I bought an inspire 1 from DJI in June and it came with a bricked battery. I managed to return the battery and just received the replacement from them last week. I updated all the firmware and took the battery out for it's first flight. The GO app prompted me to exhaust the battery to calibrate which I thought was a little odd given it was it's first flight, but I did a low hover with the aircraft until it was depleted and have since recharged it. Everything appears OK, but when I loaded the log to healthy drones, it appears as if there's an issue with cell1 of this battery. I've emailed DJI but so far no response.
Should I try flying again with the battery and see if it was just a glitch, or should I ground the battery until the issue is addressed by DJI?
I also noticed that it's manufacture date was May 2015 (so well over a year old) and so I wonder if it's just one that was kicking around the warehouse and they've figured this was a good way to offload it.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

it sounds like they may have sent you mine. I'm still waiting for a replacement, perhaps I'll end up with your first bad one.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
I bought an inspire 1 from DJI in June and it came with a bricked battery. I managed to return the battery and just received the replacement from them last week. I updated all the firmware and took the battery out for it's first flight. The GO app prompted me to exhaust the battery to calibrate which I thought was a little odd given it was it's first flight, but I did a low hover with the aircraft until it was depleted and have since recharged it. Everything appears OK, but when I loaded the log to healthy drones, it appears as if there's an issue with cell1 of this battery. I've emailed DJI but so far no response.
Should I try flying again with the battery and see if it was just a glitch, or should I ground the battery until the issue is addressed by DJI?
I also noticed that it's manufacture date was May 2015 (so well over a year old) and so I wonder if it's just one that was kicking around the warehouse and they've figured this was a good way to offload it.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
I too had similar. When you see a column of red it can be scary! Apparently HD shows tiny voltage differences which only indicates to keep an eye on it. Information overkill. If the cell varies more than 0.2v from the others then it's time not to fly with it.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: The Editor
I too had similar. When you see a column of red it can be scary! Apparently HD shows tiny voltage differences which only indicates to keep an eye on it. Information overkill. If the cell varies more than 0.2v from the others then it's time not to fly with it.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Yes, always worried about getting worked up over nothing... too much info can be a bad thing. I'm not experienced enough yet to know when to ignore vs when to pay attention, hence much time spent going through these forums. It appears on closer look at the time stamps on each of those records that there were 6 minor deviations on startup and middle of the flight (not too concerned) and then for the last minute was constant deviations getting steadily worse, up to 0.343v at the end. My novice guess is that the battery needed to be calibrated and the problem is highlighted at the end of the flight when the battery gets low. I'm very tempted to take it out for a low level, normal flight (not taking battery below 10%) and then see if there's any deviations.

So final response from DJI is "Thank you for informing us about this issue. Healthy Drones is not affiliated with DJI. It is a third party website and we only rely on the data that DJI GO App will show or generated."
I had sent them the log file from the DJI Go app, and the Heathydrones info is generated from that log file, so not really sure where that leaves me. I've done a couple more flights with the battery and still get a couple of cell errors but only 3 or 4 per flight which is apparently of no concern. It also seems to run on average about 13 degrees Celsius hotter than my other 'good' battery. (52 degrees vs 39 degrees).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla