Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Operators needed for work

Hi, no email yet.

I am based in the South West, I am flying an Inspire 1 v2 with X3 & X5 - also a Yuneec Typhoon H and a little Phantom 3 with prop guards for close quarter stuff indoors. My experience is primarily survey work. Trained with RUSTA and hold a PFAW, insurance etc..

Hi all,

We're on the lookout for some UK qualified operators to do some work with and on behalf of us potentially over the next few months and then in to the longer term as the contract runs on. If anyone is interested then please send me a PM. You must be fully qualified, hold a valid PfAW, be registered with companies house as either a sole trader, LTD company etc and be suitably experienced. Potential long term contracts using a multitude of different roles from surveying, inspections, 3D modelling & volumetric surveys. Thought we'd see if there were any takers on here!! Thanks :)
Good evening. New to this site as recently registered and just reading a few posts. Still waiting on my PfAW to be returned from the CAA. Should be couple weeks or so max. Operate my own Ltd Company for my current contractual role and as its a holdings company, I have set up my UAV as part of that Ltd Co. Work full time as a consultant engineer and have recently started to build a portffolio of small survey work. About to take some pro footage of a local golf club if the weather sorts itself out over the next week. Fly Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition with X5 and an added FPV and two controllers. Fully commercially insured. Hold my PPL and IMC so benefit from experience flying UAVs, conventional RC platforms and also light aircraft which have a lot of benefits when scouting for good scenic locations to shoot from. Live within Aberdeen zone and regularly liaise with ATC for clearance to launch from my paddock area which is three miles from R16 threshold. Great scenery up here in Aberdeenshire and very interested in your potential opportunity. I hope it comes off and would be interested to discuss further if required. Once I have a reply I can on pass my details in PM. Thanks. Jamie

Totally agree, we have all spent thousands, potential employers who expect work to be done FOC are being disrespectful to our hard earned licence. Pay the the going rate then a discount can be negotiated on future work volume.
We too are licensed operators and have never suggested that any work would be done FOC. We wouldn't like it and hence we wouldn't expect any company to do it for us. All work completed would be paid for. Until our meeting in 2 weeks though we're unable to give any info as to how much it would be.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies. The last two weeks have been a bit manic with me being on holiday and now my business partner being away, and so our handover regarding the questionnaires hasn't been as smooth as it could have been. I'm going to reply to the remaining messages in our inbox now. If people still haven't received an email from us tomorrow then please email me directly at the address below.! Apologies for the lateness but the response has been fantastic and more than we were expecting. Our email is [email protected] I'm getting way too confused trying to remember who we have and haven't sent one to. This will be the easiest option by far!! Thanks for your patience ;)

Last edited:
Hi all, thought I should give you all an update. Firstly, thanks to everyone that was kind enough to fill out the short survey and email it back. We had the meeting last week which lasted 3.5 hrs!! They seemed impressed with the services that we can offer, and are keen to work jointly with us. We are currently in the process of arranging a test day where we will work alongside one of their ground based teams with all their kit whilst we produce our equivalent with the drone and then run both sets of data through the same program. If this works ok, and hopefully it will then we see us working together on a lot of different projects around the UK. Once the trial is complete and if it is successful, then we will be emailing everyone back with further updates! Once again a massive thanks to everyone who has shown an interest and finger crossed the trial goes well!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips