Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Opinions Please on this footage

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as we are all aware the latest firmware released for the Inspire/X5 combo has raised noise issues so I have rolled back to V1.3.0.60 and took some footage today.

Can I have your opinion on this to tell me if you think its noisey or am I just being paranoid now. It has been shot in 1080p at 60fps in "None" mode wit settings for sharpness,contrast and saturation all at 0, 0, 0. I know in places the horizon isn't level and there is blown highlights I wasn't aiming to produce a masterpiece just some sample footage to check. The day was slightly hazy but that is all. Not added any sharpness just created a sequence in premiere then exported it as is. I value your opinions.

Last edited:
I think I know what you mean. I wouldn't define it as noise though. It's most noticeable in the grass and the trees at the end. Feels like it has to do with sharpening but since you haven't added any I don't know.
I remember seeing something like this in my footage whilst running the latest firmware last week. No clue what it is.

Reactions: Richard Hurst
I think I know what you mean. I wouldn't define it as noise though. It's most noticeable in the grass and the trees at the end. Feels like it has to do with sharpening but since you haven't added any I don't know.
I remember seeing something like this in my footage whilst running the latest firmware last week. No clue what it is.

I think trees/bare branches always throw up issues. Maybe I'm being to over critical

What ISO did you set?

This was at ISO200 because I was told recently by a DJI employee that this is the X5 base ISO and the reason people were having issues in the latest firmware was because there was a bug in it that created the noise at ISO100 but not at ISO200 so I though although I have rolled back to the previous firmware I'd still stay at ISO200

Thanks for your input everyone, I think it's a case of just me being a bit over paranoid. I've removed the clips off youtube so they don't play anymore.

to me 1080p60 on the X5 still looks like the X3, don't know why but it just does to my eye... On the X5 I shoot everything in 2.7k30 - d-cinelike. I find the 4k files to look the most compressed, especially in dark areas the shadow detail is garbage. In 2.7k the compression is still there but minimized - again to my eye.

to me 1080p60 on the X5 still looks like the X3, don't know why but it just does to my eye... On the X5 I shoot everything in 2.7k30 - d-cinelike. I find the 4k files to look the most compressed, especially in dark areas the shadow detail is garbage. In 2.7k the compression is still there but minimized - again to my eye.

I will give 2.7K a try myself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth