Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

option in app to turn inspire leg lights off?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Markus DeBose, May 16, 2015.

1. Markus DeBose

Ok tonight I was flying my Inspire and I noticed an option for turning the leg leds off! I want to know if I was see things or am I the only one seen this and then it dissappear?

2. miragecy

It's only showing up when disconnected from inspire. I think it must be for phantom 3
    Andy

3. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

It is an option on the P3 to enable the front red LEDs to be turned off to stop the glare appearing in shot at low light levels.
    It is not necessary on the Inspire as it has retractable landing gear.

Birdseyejr likes this.
  4. Shawn Taylor

I hope that this does not become an option. Just another reason for people to say drones will be used for invading other people's privacy

5. Birdseyejr

We will see if DJI makes this an option but having the lights on may be a problem for an infrared/nightvision camera when that day comes for the Inspire. Not sure as I am not knowledgeable enough on this matter but I do know these camera's are sensative to light around the lens.
    It doesn't really matter if DJI makes this an option or not, if someone really doesn't want to have the lights visable, then it's just a simple matter of covering them up.

6. Mark C

Just cover them up with black tape.

7. Birdseyejr

Basically in an indirect way that's what I was saying. It's very simple to do and anybody can figure this out so it wouldn't matter if DJI did not make this an option on the pilot app because people would do just that. So......that being said, DJI should make it an option to turn the lights off on the Inspire 1 like on the Phantom 3, because if not, we just cover them up with black electrical tape. Simple

8. grex

I would appreciate having the option to set the colors indivudually. If there is an rgb diode implemented all colors - also no color - would be possible... I prefer to have white at the front and red at the back...

Best gregor

sirnikolas likes this.
  9. Birdseyejr

Now that's a cool Idea! I think that a lot of people would love this Idea. When I first got my Inspire I wondered why DJI choose to put red lights in the front and green in the back. Hopefully some day we will have this option. You should write to them and suggest this. Good call

10. sirnikolas

+1!

rknelson1of9 likes this.
  11. Steve Bennett

The reason I figured green in the back is to let you know which way to control it. If you see all red then your directional controls are opposite. It's the only logical thought I had.

Kilrah likes this.