Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ordered a 32" 4K monitor

Reaction score
I built a new PC in January and have been using an older 24" 4K monitor with it and have been looking to upgrade since January. There were a couple monitors in the 32" class that I've been looking at since then but for whatever reason they just didn't seem able to get them out the door. The first one I looked at, the ASUS ProArt PA329Q 32" 4K monitor, was being presented tot he press since early 2015 but is still not available. I then discovered the Benq PV3200PT which is also a 32" 4K monitor, and it to has been known for 8 months or so and has only just now come on the market.

So, I placed my order for the Benq PV3200PT earlier today and we'll see how this works out when I get it, hopefully early next week.

I should mention that the specs for the Benq PV3200PT is pretty good:

KEY FEATURES
  • 32”W Large Screen 3840x2160 UHD Resolution
  • 100% Rec. 709 with IPS Technology
  • Hardware Calibration with Accuracy Color
  • Palette Master Element Color Calibration Software
  • Brightness Uniformity Function
  • USB 3.0 hub with SDXC card reader
  • 3840x2160 at 60Hz(DP, mDP)
    3840x2160 at 30Hz(HDMI)‎
  • 10-bit color
  • HDMI 1.4 , DP 1.2 , mDP 1.2 ‎
  • Landscape or portrait

List price about $1499 USD but currently available for $1299 USD.

Brian

there is a 30" monitor from philips. 600euros... also 4k. will check with my friend who has it and post it here for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a 30" monitor from philips. 600euros... also 4k. will check with my friend who has it and post it here for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monitors tend to fall into a few different categories. Most people buy on price so most monitors tend to be less capable. You also have the really high end that Hollywood and rich guys tend to buy like the $5K Dell OLED monitor (Dell UP3017Q '4K' UHD OLED monitor - PC Monitors). The rest of use have to make do with something in between.

Brian

I use a 27" iMac 5K...awesome

Monitors in the 27" area are a good deal cheaper than the 32" class but it would make little sense for me to go from 24" to 27". But, I don't see the need to go any bigger than 32" or 34" at max so folks buying 40" monitors just don't figure for me.

I've been using this 24" Dell 4K monitor for about 17 months and operating at 4K with that small of a display gives me problems with my 59 year old eyes. Most programs/apps are not well optimized for 4K and even M$ latest OS Win10 is not all that 4K friendly when operating on a 24" screen. My biggest problem is with my CAD program, TurboCAD, as the menu text, icons and other text is just too small from my older eyes. I'm hoping they fix that in there newer version but going with a larger display makes it all less of a problem.

I have few problems with my video editor, Adobe PP CC, but some of there other programs for image editing are not fully 4K friendly.

I will, however, have to rearrange my desk to make room...

Brian

Reactions: PerthPilot
I should add that one of the main things pushing me to the more expensive mid tier monitors is that as a photographer and videographer I need to be able to color correct and do so accurately so having a monitor with a wide gamut that can be color corrected is a must. Cheaper monitors are not likely to have the wider gamut and many are pretty limited in correctability. And again, I'm not in the high dollar category such as the OLED Dell monitor I linked before.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix