Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Orthophotos with Inspire 1

Hi, we have published article how to do photogrammetry with UgCS. I hope it will useful not only for UgCS users - UgCS Photogrammetry tool for land surveying UAV missions

Alex, thanks for posting this - definitely going to read through. Do you guys support missions for DJI Inspire 2 yet?
Also, (I am not familiar with UgCS obviously), but do you also do aerial image processing like PIX4D - which we are currently testing out on a month to month basis. Are you a competing product? Just trying to evaluate the various options other there and settle in on a platform.
Cheers

do you also do aerial image processing like PIX4D - which we are currently testing out on a month to month basis. Are you a competing product? Just trying to evaluate the various options other there and settle in on a platform.
In current version no. UgCS has best on the market planning tools but for processing you need to use 3rd party software (Pix4D, Dronedeploy, Photoscan etc). But we are working in that direction.

Actually our does and always has. Our phantom does not while using drone depoy. So thanks for saying I lying but we have mapped May times using both drones and with similar settings our phantom usually finished way faster than our inspire 1 pro.
This is how false information can lead to wrong conclusions. An absolute ridiculous uninformed statement. Let me state this emphatically: The in Inspire does NOT stop to take every photo while mapping! Map Pilot even senses blur in the imagery and slows the aircraft down to compensate accordingly. Clever stuff.

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Well actually spurs does

Actually our does and always has. Our phantom does not while using drone depoy. So thanks for saying I lying but we have mapped May times using both drones and with similar settings our phantom usually finished way faster than our inspire 1 pro.
Well actually spurs does
To be sure...Are we talking about MapPilot? If so here is a screenshot from their forum where a question was asked about "fly-stop". Ryan from MME replied saying could only be done if a waypoint is placed at that point, which Map Pilot does not do. If you are having on going problems I suggest you contact MME, Ryan is very helpful.
39f38d58918fd0e1bba073c9a24bb25d.jpg

Here is the ortho and 3D model I generated. The original ortho was 21,000 x 20,0000. Both of these are based strictly off the geo referenced inspire photos. I've not tied in our control points or cleaned any of it up manually. There is room for improvement but I think it turned out decent for a first pass.

Quality Stone by drewid20 - 3D model
Nicely done. How wpuld you market a project like this? What's the value to the quarry?
Milton, one reason you may have blurred images is the Sony timelapse app focuses on what it sees when it starts. If it is sitting on the ground when timelapse engages it will focus on what is right infront of it, not refocus for each shot. You would need to make sure that the first photo of the timelapse is focused on infinity. I've only done one flight with the A6000 a while ago, I would like to do more but this darn UK weather is pretty limiting and other priorities jump in!

The Sony A6000 was just set to take timed photos?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44