Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

UK OSC for an Inspire - anyone sucessful??

Discussion in 'Certified UAV Pilots' started by mikeL, Aug 31, 2016.

1. mikeL

I am struggling to get an OSC for my inspire signed off as it is a quad and not a hex and the CAA do not like quads.

Has anyone had any success?

simon@DEF likes this.
  2. Peeliewally

Hi there, it shouldn't be a problem as I have a phantom 3 pro and the CAA didn't ask any questions after I submitted my OSC / Ops manual. I have my PfAW.

3. simon@DEF

So what does your OSC cover beyond a standard PfAW/PfCO?

4. Peeliewally

It's just standard permissions, however, I have three specific multirotors listed..phantom 3 pro, inspire 1 pro and S900. I've never received any negativity from the CAA or NQE surrounding the use of a quad before. I guess the mitigations and procedures in my ops manual were sufficiently safe enough for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Ahh....you do not have an OSC then granting reduced stand-off distances.
    Highly unlikely (at the moment) the CAA will grant one for a quad especially with no arresting device (parachute).
    You will need to submit kinectic energy values for any decent limiting device and have a comprehensive safety procedure over and above standard permissions.
    The more redundancy the better and the Inspire has none (unless you use the original screw on props from V1 with prop locks - and then it is only for prop fastening).

6. mikeL

I was told that even with a parachute I would be unlikely to be successful for reducitnwg the standoff distances.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk