Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo and X5 = SEXY

Why would I want to use the 14-42mm? Because it's a zoom. Sometimes a zoom is the right tool for a job.
Zooming in and out will put stress on the gimbal and reduce your battery life even more imo i rather shoot with primes and work with my list of shots! Thats how i learned in film school.

Zooming in and out will put stress on the gimbal and reduce your battery life even more imo i rather shoot with primes and work with my list of shots! Thats how i learned in film school.

And it´s possible that the gimbal won´t work as it should at all, when u use a zoom-lens.
I tried a zoom on my hexacopter and that didn´t work well..

The 14-42 zoom is an approved lens for the X5 by DJI. DJI makes a balance ring for it. It is not ideal as the weight balance changes slightly while zooming. I am not concerned that the weight shift is putting undue stress on the gimbal motors as it does not seem to be a large change relative to the strength of the motors or the tolerances that DJI has allowed with there design. Even the lenses that DJI allows that they say do not need balance rings are definitely not well balanced. My biggest concern with the 14-42 zoom is that DJI does not seem to have properly calibrated the zoom range as the zoom motor sometimes sounds like it is vibrating when it reaches it's limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Predator
And it´s possible that the gimbal won´t work as it should at all, when u use a zoom-lens.
I tried a zoom on my hexacopter and that didn´t work well..
the motors will compensate but its gonna put unecessary stress on the motors Its not a heavy duty gimbal like the Ronin.
The 14-42 zoom is an approved lens for the X5 by DJI. The make a balance ring for it. It is not ideal as the weight balance changes slightly while zooming. I am not concerned that the weight shift is putting undue stress on the gimbal motors as it does not seem to be a large change relative to the strength of the motors or the tolerances that DJI has allowed with there design. Even the lenses that DJI allows that they say do not need balance rings are definitely not well balanced. My biggest concern with the 14-42 zoom is that DJI does not seem to have properly calibrated the zoom range as the zoom motor sometimes sounds like it is vibrating when it reaches it's limits.
Awesome dji already tested the lens and it is aproved i did not know that my bad :) my main concern was image quality knowing zoom's specially a kit lens wont give you the best image quality.

No, the zoom isn't a great lens, but I'm usually shooting people at 1080p. Sharpness is generally way down the list of my primary concerns. Normally, I'm just worried about speed and getting a variety of b-roll for corporate videos and events for web videos. That is why I bought the X5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg